Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Take the time..
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Jersey Glockers were there today...
Scott and the GSSF crew ran a fast moving/fun match.
The club had a raffle with a little girl selling the tickets...
Nice touch...She would take your money and ticket and place it in a BIG plastic jar and give it a little shake. Great club/RO's and it's a nice place.

Crowsfoot

·
Registered
392 Posts
It was a very nice day. We had about 160 entries, and things went pretty smoothly. Very nice weather, even a vampire like myself did not get burned or otherwise messed up by the sun.

It's funny but I've Ro'ed this match for 7 or 8 years now, this was the first year that at the end of the day I wasn't too tired to shoot the thing. So I finally shot a GSSF match after being a member for 5 yrs or so.

Supposed to be nice weather tomorrow too.........

Ted

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beautiful weather and virtually no waiting, what more can you ask for? Got there later than planned on Sunday, about 11:00. No line at registration, promptly got signed up on all three stages and shot 2 of the 3 with nobody in front of us.

Only downer was the newly minted UL gun started choking by the last stage. Got to meet the armorer, Herbert Williams, who fixed me with a full power striker and recoil spring, and finished the match. Four out five isn't bad, right?

Got to talk to some people I hadn't seen in while, all in all, a great day. Highest entry number I saw was around 284, so it seems like a good turn out. Add it to list for next year, Topton is a quality match.

·
Registered
13,873 Posts
we left home thursday morning. went to the NHRA drag race in reading friday. me and pam worked the plates on saturday and part of sunday. i really like working this match with ted and melissa on the plates. this is the first year pam worked it with me. weather was great both days and we never had much of a back up of shooters. we left around noon and got home about 9pm. stopped at the cabelas everyone talks about. didn't really have time to take it all in but we did get a good idea what it's all about.

·
Registered
10,103 Posts
Saturday we were farther up in Pa.

Got gas at a Giant food store for $3.39 a Gal.

As stated nice weather no waits Except when some gremlin

climbed into my 30.

Ed said, he did not see me doing anything dumber than usual.

So I went to see Herbert.

He could not find anything wrong with the gun.

I think he must have performed an Exorcism I just don't know if it was on the gun or me but which ever the gun worked well.

I don't know if Brian is quiting the hot dog cart business or starting a new one, but the picnic grove was very nice.

·
Motor&Glockhead
10 Posts
Great Staff, great ranges and short stages. Who could ask for more.
Thanks to Dave, Larry, the RO's and the GSSF Staff!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts