close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Topton Awards

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by kilr318, Aug 18, 2003.

1. kilr318

kilr318

Hi Folks! I just wanted to check in with a match report on how things went. In spite of gloomy weather forecasts, we had very little rain and LOTS of staff. Waiting times were as low as they have ever been at Topton, and I think we did a better job than ever at providing shooter amenities. Our final figure should be around 295, which is disappointing considering we had the abiltiy to run 350 without breaking a sweat! My hope is that next year, everyone who has been holding out on coming to Topton makes the trip...IT'S WORTH IT!!

Without further adieu, the award winners were: Glock gun certificates went to Tina Miller, Frank Koo, Gary Bertolet and Phil Clark. RT target stands went to Jimmy Sheu and Ken Jankowitz, a Glock hat went to Aaron Hunsicker (our 9-year-old who shot the match with a Ruger .22 with an optic sight, and did an awesome job), and Fred Dufel who took home a sporty bumper hitch cover shaped like an IPSC target. Thanks to Ray Tourtelotte of RT Targets for the swag!!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the workers who made this event possible. I hope I don't leave anyone out, but here's my roll call of staff, and what a staff we had!! Jim Gommenginger, Darryl Lapp, Frank Koo, Steve Rankin, Ted Murphy, Melissa Kreutz, Cindy Garnick, Doug Fenical, Mark Stabryla, Bob Aryamitr, Mike Dolan, Phil Chodroff, Gary Bertolet, Larry Eckert, Ted Hershberger, Ed Adams, Ken & Kim Jankowitz, Noah Gladstone, Dean DeTurk, Phil Clark, Steve Miranda, Jeff Dietrich, Rich Radel, Jeremy Bruce, Rich Lee, Jimmy Sheu, Al Surko, Buddy Pittman, my wife Tina and Aaron (who kept score on Glock 'M all day Saturday!). We also had student volunteers from Brandywine Heights High School doing their Senior Project at Topton Fish & Game Association: Keri Wischner, Jennifer Harmony, Eric Weller and Noah Hower.

I think the GSSF folks were pleased with the turn-out, in spite of not being able to debut their PDA-based scoring program, but don't worry Jackie, it'll run just fine once you get rid of that awful virus! For any of you who had second thoughts about Topton, (once again) you missed a GREAT match. See you next year!! Dave Miller, V-P and Match Director, Topton Fish & Game Association (Time to get some sleep! ;g )

2. Sgian Dhub

Sgian Dhub

Dave,
    You and the gang at Topton made it very easy for us to help you run the match. You and your crew were very organized and effecient in running things. It was nice to see you moving around checking in on the different stage areas to see how things were going.
    I don't know, I have not got much else to say but thank you for making my second GSSF shooting match so much fun and making my first GSSF working match so much fun. St.

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Kilr318 -

You run One Mean Match!

Folks check out this Guy... cool as a feather, not a bead of sweat or distress.... this pic taken while Dave was running the 2003 GSSF Keystone State Ballistic Challenge just FOUR WEEKS after the very successful USPSA Area 8 Championship.

This is Dave Miller Folks... the man with the "Porche"! Right Tina?

I love this "First Family" of TAPS... you guys are the best!;Y