Topton 2007 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 18, 2007.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here. I am so sorry that I could not make this match and visit my brother in Lansdale.

2. jay33

jay33

It was night and day compared to last year. Everything ran smooth and three of us were in and out in a couple hours. Not sure how many preregistered, but I registered Saturday morning and was #200. Thanks everyone (RO's) for a nice match. Definitely on the return list for next year even though I didn't shoot what I was expecting to (do we ever lol). :thumbsup:

3. uncowboy

uncowboy

Well I shot Saturday and all though everything was great and I got done in an hour pluss They need more range officers . The workers are overworked and the club needs zVolinteers to step up. We might not have Topton next year if they don't get some people to run it.
    They have been doing a great job for 10 years and I for one would surely miss it. GREAT job RO's and Match director! J.Michael

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

on sat afternoon no wait.

The sun (full)on the sights and (deep shade) on the targets was interesting.

Feel free to use that excuse if you want to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Shot on Sunday morning, in an intermittent drizzle. The longest wait was perhaps 20 minutes. Congrats to the match director for the 180 degree swing from last year (I think we can say it was a fluke). Topton continues to be on my GSSF schedule for next year. I don't have any idea what the attendance numbers were, but there was a steady stream of shooters, but not crowded by any means. I spoke briefly with Scott Gilbert of Glock, and his "trick" of the target clipboard for squadding worked. It really cut down on confusion for both shooters and staff.

Thanks to Glock for GSSF and to the RO's who volunteered their time. Despite what you may have read, you ARE appreciated.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It pleases me that the Topton match is back to it's usual excellence! Dave Miller, the Volunteer RO's and the GSSF Staff are to be applauded for their efforts!:) :cheers: :)

7. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

We shot on Sunday, this was a very well run match! Great ROs and we had a great time.

I didn't do great, but I was darn consistent:
    68.21 Master Stock (I used my stock G17)
    67.16 Master Subcompact (I used my stock 26)
    68.40 Unlimited (I used my stock G17)
    69.15 Competition (I used my stock G17)

Team VA Arms:

Robb J. (me)
    [​IMG]

Luis G.

[​IMG]

Pat D.

[​IMG]

8. hlw666

hlw666 Guest

My wife and I shot on Sunday. The match went very smoothly. The RO's were great, my wife is a new shooter and they were very helpful in making her feel comfortable.

We had our 18 month old son with us, one of us would watch him while the other shot.

I will post some photos tonight.

To all the people who set up and ran the match THANK YOU!!!

HW

9. shootinglocks

shootinglocks

shot on saturday. there was no wait time at all. I just walked up and shot. I brought my dad and little brother. The ro's did a great job running the match and helping my dad and brother( first timers).Thank you to all for a pleasant and well run match.:thumbsup:

10. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

We shot Sat while David and Paula were around ;didn't do too well-(the shadows were playing tricks with our eyes):upeyes: Made the mandatory stop at Premise Maid. YUM, and did dinner with the Spradlins at Criss"' the place Lethal found. It was good and the people were friendly.
    Thanks again to Mark, Scott and GSSF for all this fun!

Kaye

11. GlockMom

GlockMom

Hope the pics I took for you turn out OK..... Sniper

12. G34OD

G34OD Guest

We shot on Saturday at Topton and had a great time. Thanks to everyone there for a great match.

Denise S.
    [​IMG]
    Dennis S.
    [​IMG]

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

14. jerseyglockgirl

jerseyglockgirl

I just want to say, how happy my Husband and I were with the match, compared to the '06 match. Last year we shot only one gun each, and didn't leave until almost 3-3:30, (and we got there when the doors opened!). This year, we each shot three guns, and were done in 2 1/2 hours! I really LOVED the "target stand keeper of shooter order"! This seemed to make it much more smooth, and it didn't seem to spark the usual, " We were here first" type arguments. I think that this method should be used at all matches. And always of course, everybody was just SO NICE! We were really thinking about not shooting at Topton because of last year, but if things stay this way,,,, we sure will keep it in our small area of the three to four shoots that we can make it to in our "area". Now, as far as my shooting goes,,,,,,,,well that's another story! I shot better at CJ, and worked all three days!!!! :brickwall: BUT TOPTON DID A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR,,,,THANKS FOR A GREAT MATCH!:thumbsup: BTW: A BIG THANX TO THE FLORIDA POSTER FROM THE CARVER TEAM FOR POSTING MY PICTURE FROM THE CJ MATCH WITH MY PINK GLOCK!!!!:hearts:I just want him to know that it's spelled with a "C", and not "K"!!!!!

15. hlw666

hlw666 Guest

How do I post pictures I took from the match? I have them stored at Picasa.

Thanks

HW

16. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

I correct the post with your picture!:thumbsup: Sorry for the spelling mistake.:upeyes:

Dan:cool:

17. jerseyglockgirl

jerseyglockgirl

18. Terminator

Terminator

I gotta tell ya this was my first trip to Topton and i wasnt dissapointed at all. The scenery was beautiful, the weather was perfect, and the RO,s were very nice and helpful. I had a great time seeeing many friends and meeting new ones.

I have to mention the brilliant idea that Scott G. from GSSF has instituted that seems to me will fix all problems from now in in the squading area. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WTG Scott!!!!!:cheers:
    HOOYAH!

19. jerseyglockgirl

jerseyglockgirl

Since I only know of ONE person that was planning on shooting with his Dad, and Brother,,,,, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask if this is MR. H.R. CHUCKINSTUFF himself????? If so,,, are you shooting OB on Sunday witt Roger??? If I shoot, I will be by myself, and would like to squad up with you guys. Call the house and leave a message, we are in the book in Bayville.:wavey:

20. murph2127

murph2127

It was a good time. The board Scott came up with was a great idea, it helped with the squadding quite a bit.

The best part was that the traffic was slow but constant all day, so there was no mad rush when the majority of the shooters came. We never had more than 7 entries waiting to shoot, which was very nice.

Many times we were so slow that people could shoot all their entries at once, which they liked. For what it is worth, I do think for some people that is not a good idea. I noticed that many of the shooters started to not do as well after their second entry. I think fatigue set in. Some of the shooters would shoot 2 and take a break, which I think worked better to their advantage.