close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Topton 2002 Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 17, 2002.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Digital Photos have become so popular that I have decided to try a special thread just for the photos and comments, so please post all photos and photo comments here. This may become a regular feature in our forum.

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

3. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

GlockMom with all the plates down.

4. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

And here is Sniper at the plates with 5 down and one to go.

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I finally got a picture of the Ever-Elusive Glock Armorer and District Manager (Doug)!

This guy is COOL! I got a chance to sit down and watch Doug in action as he helped GSSF shooter after shooter with their questions and their Glocks. Not only did I learn a wealth of information but it was certainly interesting to watch this guy in action. His knowledge of the Glock pistol is second to none and he musta had some training with Master Yoda Doneburgh... similar moves and mannerisms...

Hey Doug... look me up when you want to go out for Sushi! Wasabi-yeah-baby!;f

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Anyone that has worked a GSSF match in any capacity knows how hard it is to put on a match... travel to the match site, work with the hosting club members to set up the match, disperse all the information and direct the match so everyone can have as good an experience as possible. I have RO'd two matches this season for a full day (Fulton and now Topton).... I have seen GSSF personnel in action. I can tell you it's hard work and very demanding... especially in HOT weather. The match director's job is a demanding one and Scott does all that is humanly possible to help lead the operation. I respect what he does and I hope others do too.

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Bruce of GSSF handling registration paperwork all weekend (over 300+ entries at Topton)... And the Smiling RO behind Bruce is my friend Matthew Fox (Statsman). Matthew Fox helped with match setup on Friday and RO'd all day Saturday. Both these guys are the nicest guy you ever want to meet!

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I keep on meeting the best people at the GSSF matches and Topton was no exception.

Here are some new friends that I have made at the match!

The two wonderful kids in front of the NRA-D1 target on the Glock-M stage are Aaron and Alex. They were the liquid refreshments crew on Saturday and these kids were the most pleasant kids... even in the INTENSE Heat (record-setting heat wave for the Topton area). Thanks kids!

A mixture of RO's, Match Directors and Shooters (from left to right):

RO: Ed Adams
    RO: Nathan Thomas
    Topton Match Director: Dave Miller
    GSSF Shooter: Robert Poole
    Assistant Topton Match Director: Mark Leary
    RO: Tina Miller
    GSSF Shooter: Robert Cassidy

Dave, Tina, Mark and Ed were from the local Topton Club (TAPS) and worked TIRELESSLY to run the match. While I was driving out of the range for home Sunday 3PM, Dave Miller was tearing down a stage alone... this is after running around all weekend ensuring the match ran smooth.

Mark Leary RO'd the Glock-M stage #2 all weekend and was there late Saturday night cleaning up and getting things ready for Sunday.

Tina, Ed and Dave RO'd Glock-M stage #1 both days in the intense heat.

Nathan was the Stack Master for THREE Glock Plates stages and he helped me RO's GSSF Plates #1 all day Saturday. Anyone having a challenge ahead of them would want Nathan riding shot-gun!

Robert Cassidy and Robert Poole are GSSF Shooters from NJ. I RO'd them at the Plates and they are really great shots. They certainly have some good gun handling skills.

These are only a few of the RO staff that worked the Topton match that had over 300+ entries.

It was a tremendous pleasure for me to meet all of these people this weekend!

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's a picture of the SEXIEST Beauty that I saw at Topton, PA this weekend!

Man, I hope my wife doesn't see this picture!

I'm in LOVE!!! Don't let my wife know that I will be running away with this beauty!

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Master Shooter Sighted!

GSSF Master Glenn Meyer caught on digital in Topton on Glock-M... here he is with MD Dave Miller.

Great shooting Glenn!

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Glock-M in STEREO!

Wouldn't it be fun to...

Start in Box A on Glock-M Stage #1, draw, engage targets 1-4 with a minimum of two rounds each and down the pepper poppers... then proceed to Box B on Glock-M Stage #2 and engage targets 5-8 with a minimum of two rounds each and down the pepper poppers... Comstock, 22 rounds minimum, steel must fall to score and best two hits on paper, start signal audible, stop signal is last shot... all standard GSSF procedurals and penalties apply....

OOOPPPSS... sorry different walk-through... we must wait for the Area 8 Race Gun Championships to hear that type of 'talk'... Right Dave, Tina and Mark?;f

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Cindy Garis and Doug Fenical!

I had the pleasure of meeting my new friends Cindy and Doug at Topton this weekend!

Can you believe it? This was their first GSSF match and they performed well! Not only that... They volunteered to help with the match and did so both Saturday and Sunday! It is truly amazing to me that they would give of themselves like that on their first GSSF match... WOW!

Cindy and Doug - It was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing both of you at future matches!

Oh, BTW... check out how the 5-To-Glock stage behind Cindy and Doug! There were THREE sets of each COF at the Topton GSSF match.

Regards,
    Frank

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Team "Glock Grls"!!!

Left to right: Michelle, Ruth and Amy

I was able to catch them on digital while they were conducting their pre-match preparation of Ruth's 'Original Mind-Meld' Technique.

This technique of fusing mind and a fist full of 9mm will result in many 9mm holes in the A/B ring of NRA D-1 targets... guaranteed by Ruth or your money back!

If you want to learn the technique, contact Ruth, Michelle or Amy for a lesson at a future GSSF match.

This technique was first caught and documented on digital at the 2002 New Jersey GSSF match!

This picture shows how 'serious' these 'Glock Grls' (Ladies) are about their pre-Match preparation! Can you see the intensity on their faces? Can you see the focus?

The technique does not look too painful... everyone should try it!

WOW!

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Only after the pre-match 'mind-meld' session will 'Team Glock Grls' allow their spouses and offspring to interact with them!

Here's the post 'mind-meld' gathering...

Left to right:

Amy (Team Glock Grls)... this is her second GSSF match
    David (Amy's hubby).. this is also his second GSSF match
    Ruth (Team Glock Grls)... aka Ms. Betazoid
    Michael (Ruth's hubby)... aka McGinnes on Glock Talk
    Jason (Michelle's hubby)... aka Sniper7.62 on Glock Talk
    Michelle (Team Glock Grls)... aka GlockMom on Glock Talk
    Daniel (Michelle's and Jason's son)... aka CUTE Kid!

[BTW: All the grown-ups in this picture shot the GSSF Match in Topton]... pretty cool isn't it?

The percentage of Lady Shooters in GSSF matches is growing. Any ladies out there interested in shooting GSSF? Contact the lady shooters in this picture or anyone of your fellow Glock Talker's and we will gladly help you get started.

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

My good friends Al Schoenfeld and his son Joe were at the match! It sure was nice to see them again! Al, please say hi to Kathie for me!

These guys are way cool!

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

You have to check this picture out!

Jim and Kaye from Winchester, VA took some time to talk to me while they were on the Glock-M stage. This was Kaye's first GSSF match! I hope they had a fun time!

The Lady in the background is Tina (range officer for Glock-M). She is an actress and does commercials from time to time... do you remember Tina in the Calgon commercials?

Here in this picture, Tina was practicing her "Calgon, Take Me AWAY!" line while I was taking a picture of Kaye and Jim. If you knew how hot it was at Topton Saturday afternoon, you would certainly understand how Tina was feeling!

17. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I RO'd Kay and Brad Lookenbill on the Glock Plate stage... This couple sure can shoot!

The plates were SHAKING while they were at the line and were down and out when they were done shooting.

They were among the nicest people that I RO'd that day!

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I met this very nice couple from Williamsport, PA... Dennis and Sandy Marshall. They took time out from the Little League World Series to shoot the GSSF match. Where do you think they were going after the match? You guessed it!... back home to cheer the kids on!

Check out how cool and comfortable Dennis and Sandy look in this picture even though it was hot and humid by this time on Saturday... hummm... I'm really jealous about that~!

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I first met Judy Lafreniere at a Harvard GSSF match in MA a few years ago. Judy was helping out at the GSSF Plates stage.

Judy, it was super nice to see you and Chris again.

Here's a pic of Judy and Chris at the safety table at Topton GSSF Match. They just got done shooting the GSSF Plates stage and as you can see from their smiles, the plates took a beating... not Chris and Judy!

20. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

I was amazed at the skill and accuracy shown by Steve Brown on the GSSF plates!

Typical Plate run:

Steve Brown 6
    Glock Plates 0