close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Topic Moved?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Thorazine, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Thorazine

Thorazine

To where?
    What's the deal?
    Why didn't anyone notify me of a problem?

I would have been happy to fix it.

Funny timing because I was just about to cut a check (donation) to mister powell.

Glad I stopped back here first...

2. NoShoot

NoShoot Enlightened One

3. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

i dont have time to sort thru lengthy posts....

i saw some stuff in there i didnt like and punted the ball

it is gone, but the original poster can post another ad if he chooses.... hopefully we all will try harder to keep things civilized next time

thanks Rusty

4. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

john (thorazine)

i just realized that you are the one who started that thread

and that you were the one who emailed me to ask that i delete billy boy's (oops - edited to say bad billy's) and your comments in the thread

im sorry that i did not give you more of an explanation of what i did or why

i dont often delete individual comments in a thread.... there just isnt enough time in the day

if there is a problem with a thread i am pretty quick to lock it..... sometimes after locking i will cut off the last several replies to try to get it off of the front page (topics are listed by date) if i wanted to bury a thread

but i rarely (cant remember the last time) go in and selectively delete or edit replies within the body of a thread - if anything (even a small part) needs deleting, the whole thing gets axed

in my opinion - once a thread turns.... you are wasting your time trying to salvage it

besides - these are want ads and not discussion forums so very little is allowed other than how much does it cost and what color is it, etc

so.... after getting your email, i went straight to your thread and read down about a third of the way thru..... and decided immediately to lock it...

then after locking it and re-reading it again (all the way thru this time) i decided that i really needed to delete it.

everything that i delete is archived in the back office so that the other moderators and the site admin can look it over.

i inadvertantly selected "move and re-direct" instead of "move and delete"..... therefore you end up with the link that takes you no-where.

i hope this explanation helps

rusty

5. Thorazine

Thorazine

Rusty,

I appologize if I over reacted. Me and bill sorted out our disagreement and made friends. Not a problem, sorry if I inconvienanced you in any way.

John