close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Topglock sight installation

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by pdmoderator, May 3, 2002.

1. pdmoderator

pdmoderator Moderate member

Topglock claims to have a deal where, if you buy sights from them, you can send in your slide and they'll install 'em for free. Has anyone here ever have this done?

I'm trying to now and the job has gotten a bit snafu-ed. Just curious.

Thanks,

- pdmoderator

2. pdmoderator

Topglock seems to have made good on the installation and sent me a $5 gift certificate (which almost covers the cost of an extra mailing I had to do because of the snafu.)

Accuracy checked out as good.

- pdmoderator

3. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

you should have demanded FULL compensation for extra mailing. something like that i would have done locally. throwing you a $5 coupon is peanuts when you consider their markup.

my armorer, if he charges me(cause he gets most of my glock buss), get's $5 for sight install.

4. pdmoderator

Problem was that I'd tried to special-order some night sights through my local gun shop and they kept on dropping the ball. If I'd bought the sights mail-order and gone back to them, I might have had a case of "Oh, they just came in yesterday..."

I do know another Glock armorer locally, but he lives some distance away and I tried to take the lazy way out. Not again, though.

- pdmoderator

5. G17Man

G17Man Millennium Member

Define "a bit snafu-ed"

What happened? If they gave you a coupon because of an unforseen problem, then thats good business. If they botched it up, then they should have paid.

6. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

what g17man said.

and, i've been very fortunate to have a competent armorer with 15yrs experience. he also worked for glock. he is nearby and works gun shows as well. try to find anybody competent or do it yourself.

good luck.

7. pdmoderator

I ordered the sights over the web site and added some instructions to the order not to ship the sights, but to wait for the slide for the free installation. The next business day I mailed the slide to them.

They shipped me the sights, despite my instructions.

I called them as soon as I received the sights. The person who took the call would not admit they were at fault, and would not cut me the slack of installing the sights and shipping the slide. Instead, I had to send the sights back to them to get the order completed.

So there I was, out $70 plus $17 postage (slide to them, sights to me, sights back to them, all tracked and insured), out one perfectly good slide (which they didn't pick up from the PO for a solid week), my G19 inoperative, waiting on them to make good on the order.

Which, honestly, they did. But it still made me nervous.

Total extra cost to me was six bucks and change plus a bit of extra waiting.

That's what I meant by "a bit snafu-ed."

- pdmoderator

8. Tom34

Tom34 Obama Must Go!

Ordered some Beretta magazines from the BerettaPistols.com. Same place as TopGlock, judging by their e-mail responses and phone calls. Ordered on Feb. 8th. They call a week later to say on back order. Cool, I'll wait the 2 weeks. About 10 weeks later I get the wrong mags. Call, no problem return them, we will send the correct ones, or upgrade to nickel, is blue not avaliable, cool. Another 2 weeks no site of them. 2 more e-mails, no reply. Finally tonight (5/23), sorry those magazines are no longer imported. E-mailed them asking for a full refund. We shall see.
    Refund received 6/3/2002.