close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Top Glock Review (Gun-Magazines.com)

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Wrxified, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Wrxified

Wrxified

Just thought I'd share this experience. I have ordered a good amount of product from Topglock.com and had decent service. Recently (December 2002) I was in the market for magazines for my Kahr Mk9. I noticed gun-magazines.com which is a division of Topglock.com apparently had a great deal on them.

Ordered the product last week in December. Called 2 weeks later when no magazines came. "They're on their way. 2 Days or so". 2 Weeks later no magazines. Call back and ask where my magazines are at "Back ordered should be here any day". Two weeks later here I sit. I've paid for them. $90. Don't have them. Been lied to twice. Tired of the run around with all these online companys. You know what I'm really sick of? The company's who put a bajillion products on their website and make it look like it's all stocked product. Actually they never had it and don't place orders for your product until you pay for it. Anyone can do that. Just build a website, get a tax id # and contact suppliers.

Just thought I'd vent.

2. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

that upsets me too...hope you get it soon...

just curious...do you have a WRX?

3. Wrxified

Wrxified

Yah I have a WRX. It's my favorite toy even beyond my guns. I am in the middle of building it out to 350+ hp!

4. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

cool cool...i like the wrx...we have one in our crew back in texas that is going to be in super street next month...and was on the first edition of supertuner tv...i'll be out your way in may for hot import nights if you plan on coming out there...

here is a link to the supertuner tv show...

http://www.houston-imports.com/~cheezefrog/greg.mpg

5. bassai1

bassai1

I'm not suprised to see somebody else complaining about TopGlock. I placed an order on Dec 26 for two mags,a bore brush,and some other trivial accessories and I waited about four weeks. Everyone else I've ordered from gets the goods to me in about three days or less. We're not talking about hard to get stuff here. I was told a few different stories by the two same people. I'm just venting also, but from now on I'll stick to other proven companies...

6. McGee23

McGee23

Well I'm glad you guys already have this going so I don't have to start one. I've ordered hundreds of dollars worth of stuff before from them with no problems. Not this time.

It was actually my girlfriend that called them about a week before Christmas to order an AA 22 Conversion Kit to give to me as a present. The guy to spoke with said they were on backorder and it would be about 2 weeks before she (I) saw it. She said no problem, a week after Christmas isn't that bad and it saves $25 from the local shop who had them in stock. (This is for my 23).

Well I kept checking their website to see if they've taken that backorder status down yet and after the beginning of Feb. I said forget it. I told her to call them and cancel it. Well she didn't get around to it until last Friday. She called and talked to some guy who wondered why she wanted to cancel. Anyway, he said he'd do it.

This morning I find that there's a charge on the credit card from TopGlock for the Conversion Kit!!! When she called back she got the same guy and he said, "That's impossible, you called and canceled on Friday". He then tried to tell her that she was wrong. Well after a while he took her name and number and told her he'd look into it. Calls her back later and tells her that it was charged and it's on it's way! He then tells her to just refuse the package! I was pissed. In my opinion they should have charged it back right away and called UPS and told them not to deliver the package and send it back. I don't want to lift a finger I'm so mad. Really, as much money as I've spent there in the past, I won't be spending any more there in the future. I always used to go there rather than Glockmeister because it saved a few cents but now I think I'll pay the extra. Maybe it'll buy me better service.

Hey Eric, if you're reading this, things seem to be slipping lately. It looks like I'm not the only one that's noticed. And you really don't need to be losing any more customers.

By the way, AA said that they're running 6-8 weeks behind when TG said 2 weeks. If TG had at least given an accurate quote, then that wouldn't have been as bad. But then she could have at least gotten me the gift in time for Christmas. It's just not cool.

7. kgt9000

kgt9000

TopGlock has always been my favorite and still is. I've know too many people to have issues with some others out there.
    I've always gotten my stuff fast, or been put on a waiting list. At least I can order it and know that I'll get it when they get it. I don't have to continueally go checking every shop and site out. I know I will ALWAYS get it, and at the best price. SOme things are just on a back order. The cool things it that they send me to the manufactureer for infromation directly, reminding me to ask about 'production times.'

I"ve always found that they are ontop of things and deserve the title TOPglock. Confidence and Great prices. They don't usually do the normal 'belly up' routine of many other shops. They've got my business and the rest of us in the service. They really are for us guys over here in the sand (saudi). I'll be there soon enough and at least, as I had already posted, I won't be cough in heaven for a lack of ammo. (Always have extra mags!)

8. cvfd1399

cvfd1399 Glock 21C

I ordered a 21c 4 weeks ago and it never came I called them and said forget it I am going with someone else that guaranteed it to be here in 2 days. Top glock sucks from my experience.

9. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Sorry to hear about your guys' bad experiences with TopGlock. In the few times I've delt with them I've spent about $300 in two different orders. In both orders I placed them by phone and had the items in my hands 3 days later. They did forget to put the reduced power firing pin spring in one order and I called them up and told them and no questions asked, they shipped out a new one and it arrived 2 days later. Not sure why it seems you guys are having such bad luck but I hope they do come through and make everything right. Goodluck. ;I

10. Suburban

Suburban

I know this is an old thread, but I thought that I'd add my experience with topglock.

I put in my order 6/23/03. Got an e-mail the next day saying I should have the order in 5-10 days. Coo1, I thought. A week later, I figure I'll e-mail about a tracking number. This is what I get in response:

Item: XXXX
    Print Date & Time: 06/30/2003 7:02 PM
    Ship Date: 07/01/2003
    Address: Robert Atkinson
    XX XXXXXX Dr
    XXXXXX, PA 19XXX-XXXX

:
    Delivery Confirm: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting us.

TheGunSource
    Order toll free:
    1-866-456-2522

It seems they just noticed that my order hadn't been shipped after I asked for a tracking number. Either that, or they are slow to ship, or neglected to inform me that something wasn't in stock. They didn't even say who they shipped it with (I assume USPS).

The wait wouldn't have bothered me if they hadn't said "5-10 days" on the website.

I'll update when I get my order, hopefully later this week.

Update: 7/3/03
    Depending on how you look at it, they were either barely on time, or a day late. The order is short the Wolff magazine springs I ordered, which are back ordered.

The A&G grip extenders are kind of cheesy BTW. This isn't the fault of topglock though.

11. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Online retailers really take advantage of their customers somtimes. I always call to see if the item is in stock, often it is not. I also always email the same day I place an order to get a tracking number. Yes, I email the same day cause by the time they get around to answering email, if at all, it's usually shipped. I sent an email to Kiesler's a month ago and still no response.

Sometimes people sound irritated on the phone that you don't wait sevreal days to see if your order even shows up before asking for track info!;Q If you wait that long it only adds days to fixing a possible mistake or finding out it's been backordered.

Some never notify you of backorders, as seems to be the case with topglock, and their is no excuse for this. I won't do business with any dealer that doesn't notify you immediately of backorders and when your item ships with track info.

Brownell's/Tactical Warehouse is the best site I've ever dealt with and notifies you immediately of any back orders and when your order ships.

What it boils down to is I try to do business with online dealers I have positive experience with, always call to check stock and track info.

I buy localy if at all possible cause online buying takes days and be costly. I'd much rather walk in a store, inspect the item and leave with it in my hand. If I need to make a return or exchange I don't have to pay shipping.

12. ray9898

ray9898

Man...I had the exact same problem with an AACK for my 17. It showed in stock on the web site. I ordered it and a couple other items, the other stuff arrived and the invoice said the AA kit was backordered. I sent them an email to cancel the backorder and guess what....2 months later it shows on my door and my card is charged. I inquired about returning it and they wanted a 15% restocking fee. I sold it on here an lost $30 on the deal. They suck.

13. Germanasian

Germanasian Word

I live in Phoenix, and I don't have much nice to say about TopGlock OR Glockmeister, both of which are based in the Phx area.

That's why I love SWFA for scopes. They have very competitive pricing, and they have given me the best internet transactions of ANY online company. They ship the same day everytime and they include a direct link to the shipping and tracking info (and you don't even have to ask for it!). As a matter of fact, they'll send you two emails, one confirming the order and another with the shipping/tracking info the same day you make the order (as long as it isn't on the weekend or at the end of the day).

14. hawk

hawk Millennium Member

I guess I'll put in my $.02 worth since this is still going.

I placed an order with Topglock sometime back and received less than stellar customer service from them. It doesn't help that they only man their phones for limited time periods during the day which happen to be when I'm supposed to be working.

I recently placed an order with gun-magazines.com and didn't realize it was an affiliate of Topglock until I got to the order confirmation page. (Arrrrgh) I guess I'll wait and see how this one turns out.

Update: 7-14-03

Just got my order today. (2 1/2 weeks since I placed the order) They sent me two P32 mags and charged me for two even though I only ordered one. Instead of spending money on return postage and hassling with them over the restocking fee, I guess I'll keep it and either use it or try to sell it to someone locally.