Tools

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jack19512, Sep 19, 2004.

1. jack19512

jack19512

I somehow removed a program improperly and when I try to reinstall the program I get a popup box that says I need to go to add remove programs and uninstall the original version first. I have uninstalled everything about this program that I am able to find except under the Tools the program is still listed. Can someone please tell me how I can remove the program out of the Tools drop down list? Or How to go about removing all of this program off my computer. I have done a search on my harddrive and removed all that has been found. I have XP and the program was iespell. Thanks for any help.

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Know how to get into the registry?

Start/Run/ regedt32/ press enter

Edit/find/ iespell

when you have found an instance of iespell delete it.

Press F3 to continue searching the registry until all instances of iespell are gone.

This is a warrning, do this at your own risk. The registry is an excellent way to screw your computer up.

3. nigneil146

nigneil146

Also if you don't feel confident doing it manually, you can download RegCleaner here.

Just find all the entries from the program and delete them. RegCleaner will make backups of the entries that you can restore in case something goes wrong.

Just remember the warning that NetNinja stated.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

It would probably be wise to manually Export the current Registry to a file on your desktop, for restoring later if you manage to offend Windows somehow...

Though I have never, ever needed to use it, I have nevertheless always done an export, every time.

It is cheap insurance.

Good luck,

FastVFR

5. jack19512

jack19512

Thanks to all. I will give it a try.