close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took wife shooting tonight

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pspez, Jul 28, 2012.

1. pspez

pspez

Took wife shooting tonight. She wasn't sure if she wanted a revolver or Glock. After shooting both she was un believably accurate with the Glock 17. So, I am interested in finding a shop that has a 26 for her to try. Any one have their wives decide on the 26 and if so what are their thoughts?

2. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

My Mom carries a G19. She has tried the baby glocks and they are too small for her liking. My Mom is like 100-110 pounds, so she is not a big Lady by any means. I guess its all up too the person using it, but that's how she feels about them.

3. SilverCity

SilverCity

My wife shoots any Glock I have including 10mm, but she has a problem limp wristing the G26. Get her a 19 or a 17. JMO

SC

4. obrieri

obrieri

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343536327.090768.jpg

Got her a 26 a few weeks ago and she loves it(I do too). I don't put any pressure on the gun with my pinky finger regardless of the size of pistol and I taught her to shoot that way as well.

5. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

My wife's EDC is a G26. She loves it. She has average girly girl size hands and with the 10 round mags the pinky had nowhere to hold so we put Glock factory +2 extensions on and it's perfect now. Better grip and 2 more rounds.

6. avenues165

avenues165

My wife has very small hands, so the Glocks don't fit her very well. I would like for her to try a baby Glock, but she has decided it won't work. I have been looking a little at a M&P 9mm Shield for her. Honestly, I think she is just a little intimidated by the 9mm. What I think is funny about that is that her .380acp is blowback and has quite a bit of perceived recoil. Heck, if I rapid fire a clip through it I can feel it in the palm of my hand.

I really think for EDC or any SD that .38spl is the minimum, and 9mm is my preferred minimum. If I have a .380acp I know I have to put multiple hits COM on my attacker and be able to evade until the hits take affect. I know the .380 will kill (watch The First 48, lots of .380 shootings on that show), but for stopping an attacker immediately, not so much.

7. kda

kda NRA Life Member

My wife shoots, carries and loves her G26. She has a G19 also but prefers the 26 for day to day use and carry. My daughter in law was having trouble with an M&P so I had her try my G26 and now she has one and shoots that as a matter of choice.

8. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Sorry, but when I was scanning through and read this, my first thought: did she make it back with you? ;)

9. pspez

pspez

LOL. Barely!

10. pspez

pspez

Thanks for the responses guys. I think she is going to go with the 26 which i like better because of the amount of rounds and her ability to shoot on target. She really likes the Ruger LCR because of the size and weight. I know that this has been beat to death but what are your thoughts on the .22?