close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took the Oxide finish off my Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JasoninPrescott, Dec 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. JasoninPrescott

JasoninPrescott

Well I finally found some Flitz and so I grabbed some 000 Steel wool and went to town on it. It is actually just like I thought it was going to be, I polished it with the Flitz and it looks like a brushed stainless steel. My wife was kind of skeptical about it but she likes it a whole lot more. I don't have a camera otherwise I would post pics. Now I want to do it to my FEG PA-63 which is my BUG so they will be a matched pair. Probably sounds stupid to most but whatever it's my WELL earned money.

2. MarcD

MarcD

I wish I could see a pic of it!!!
    Did it come out even? I really want to do it to my G26 but I'm afraid it won't come out good. Did you polish it?

3. JasoninPrescott

JasoninPrescott

Yeah it took awhile with so wool that fine. Good thing I have been working out or my damn arms would be sore. I really can't say how yours would come out since I sort of new what it was going to look like minus the finish, I had alot of holster wear. Do a search for Tennifer and start looking through all the posts. That's what I did, I took a S&W knife that I carry daily and practiced on that then I detail striped the 19 and went to work on it. My suggestion is to maybe get some 00 and 000 steel wool and use the 00 first to get it started then switch and polish it. If you can't find Flitz anywhere go to Ace Hardware, I found it there by accident and it was like 6 bucks for a bottle. Let me know if you have any questions.

4. Tackhammer

Tackhammer V.I.P.

[$

Any chance we can get you to put some pics up of it???

Very interested!

Tackhammer

5. JasoninPrescott

JasoninPrescott

If I had a camera I would post some pics of it; but anyway all I did was get some Flitz and 000 Steel Wool and then get to work on it. I did it to my 19 and two knives of mine. If you have another weapon that you are going to refinish then I suggest practicing on that or on a knife or something like I did. Works pretty good and doesn't scratch the slide but does take muscle to get it off. It looks like a brushed stainless, I am also going to polish the slide release. Overall I am very pleased with it.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Since your FEG is not tennifer treated it will rust when you remove the blueing.;Q

7. JasoninPrescott

JasoninPrescott

Hence I am refinishing it soon. Haven't decided on what though yet.