close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took the G23 and G27 to the range today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scosgt, Jun 19, 2012.

1. scosgt

scosgt

As usual, Glock perfection. I shout about 100 rounds of Winchester White Box (NOT USA) 180 Bonded JHP, which is supposedly an FBI overrun. It can be found for less than $20 per box of 50 online shipped. It fed and functioned just perfectly, and was accurate as hell. One big ragged hole at 7 yards. Could not be happier with this ammo. There are several tests online where they show the expansion, this stuff makes a perfect mushroom. They say it is the same as the Winchester PDX_1 (I think that's how they write it) without the fancy box. Same bullet, same load, and I believe it. The "premium" stuff is over $1.00 per round. This is my new carry ammo. 180 JHP that expands reliably and functions properly is going to get the job done.

I also brought an old favorite, my Ingliss (Canadian - Chinese contract) Browning Hi Power, with the tangent sights and holster/stock attachment.
    I had forgotten what it is like to shoot an all steel 5" barrel 9mm. Of course, I used Remington UMC value back ball ammo, out of respect for the age of the gun. But four full mags went down range without a stutter, and all the shots went into the same hole. It is just boring to shoot, no recoil, no drama, it just works.

But it is a big heavy load to carry with a very inferior safety for cocked and locked. Just a fun shooter and collector, not a modern CCW. Still, it is amazing how much less it kicks than a G26! It shoots like a .22.

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Premium JHPs like Rangers can be had for a lot less than $1 per round. Not sure about PDX1 though since that only seems to come in "I have to have it NOW" 20 round boxes but I know Bonded Rangers are available in 50 round boxes.

3. Rustin

Rustin

Glad you had some fun with the Glock's, but let's see some pics of that Hi power!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. bac1023

bac1023

5. scosgt

scosgt

Yes, but they are EXPENSIVE. Like $45 for 50 rounds. Do some research, the white box Bonded 180 JHP are an absolute steal. Same premium round, white box.

6. PattonT

PattonT

Are those WWB Bonded JHP's in brass casings? The PDX are nikel casings. I've had both and noticed some setback and some over crimped cases. I would buy them again but inspect every round.

7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

8. scosgt

scosgt

I read that in the past the WWB were also nickel, but yes these were brass. I did not notice any issues at all with them.