Took the 30sf and Gen 4 17 out today...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HauntedAlabama, Mar 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

So I have picked up some new guns here in the last month or two including a new Gen 4 17, new G33, a LNIB 30sf. I was nervous after all of the reports I have read about the 30sf and the new generation 17 so I loaded up my mags and headed out to the farm. Wife and I started out with the 17. Ran 100 rounds of WWB through it with no failures. It was smooth and easy to shoot, wife liked it at first but after awhile she complained about the rough texture. Broke out the 30sf next, said a prayer, slapped a mag in and off we went. It had no problems either and I actually did better with it than the 17. Ran 100 rounds of WWB through it at first, then ran 50 rounds of various self defense ammo to see what would happen and it ate them all. Reached into the bag to try out the G33, pulled out my Wal-Mart sack to get the ammo and grabbed hair gel. Picked up the wrong bag when I was leaving the house, sigh. Shot wife's new gun but it is not a Glock so I will post about it in another forum. Anyway, I know my post is not super informative, but I just wanted to let everyone know that neither of my "problem" Glocks had problems. I am excited! Going to clean them tonight and hope the weather is nice next weekend so I can get some more shooting in.

2. Alex g30

Alex g30

Thanks for sharing this with us !

3. GlockRWH

GlockRWH

Glad to hear it. The G17 and G30SF is a great combination. :supergrin:

4. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Actually, your post was quite imformative! Wrote a note, and pinned it to my range bag! "Leave hair gel at home, no usage at range"!:supergrin:

5. Zertek

Zertek

Did you happen to check the TB on the 30sf to see if there is any gouge marks on it ???

6. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Yes it is!

7. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

No gouge marks. Looks good so far.