close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took New G30 To The Range Today And Had A Small Issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by willrwilli, Jan 13, 2010.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

First let me say I Love This Gun but here is what happened. I was shooting remington ammo and during the first magazine on one round the slide did not go all the way back into place. It only did this once during the 100 rounds I shot. Next when cleaning the gun during breakdown the spring that holds the barrel in place was basically stuck. I pushed real hard, heard a pop and it freed up. I called Glock and they said since it is brand new it will be okay once it is fired more. Has anyone else experienced this? I had a G26 and never had any issues. Also on a side note I have a burn on my forehead. This was due to a hot shell landing on the rim of my safety glasses. Ouch :steamed: Has anyone found and used any safety glasses that sit flush on your face to prevent this?

2. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I use S&W code 4 glasses for work and shooting-their cheap,don't look like Caribbean Grand Ma and stay put
    As for the G30 prob's:dunno:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010

3. willrwilli

willrwilli

I will look into those glasses.

4. vinnier6

vinnier6

i use oakley flak jacket with clear lenses....

5. glock30user

glock30user

I have a G30 and have put several hundred rounds through it (750-1000) and have never had any problems. As for the glasses…Im left handed and have just accepted brass in the face…I know, not helpful at all.

6. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Wow, where to begin. There are numerous long, painful threads about your issue FTRTB (failure to return to battery) due to interference of the slide and internal parts such as the trigger bar. Keep the rail grooves in the slide well lubricated and put a touch of oil on top of the TG. You won't like hearing this but, brass ejected in the face is clearly a limp-wristing symptom. You can help this by standing one pace to the left of the target (assuming you are right handed). The good news is, most of these issues clear up with a few hundred rounds. The gun will loosen up (a good thing) and you will learn how to shoot it better. These issues are primarily a learning curve on the part of the shooter.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. MainStreetIowa

MainStreetIowa

In order:

-I really doubt his issue is lubrication-related.

-I agree that HIS problem is probably grip-related but certainly not all brass-in-face problems are due to this, especially with 1911 handguns.

-How the heck would standing one step one way or the other from the target keep brass out of his face? :dunno:

-I agree that his problem will clear up with practice. In fact, I doubt there's a single thing wrong with his G30. :)

To the OP: have the best shooter you can find shoot your gun with your supplied ammo. I'd bet you $100 that he/she plows through it all without a single issue.

8. willrwilli

willrwilli

I feel better about the G30. I figured it will probably clear up the more I shoot the gun. I have been into this for about 4 years now and this is the first time I have experienced either of these issues. I tried out a G30 rental before I bought mine and it was flawless. Won't be able to get back to the range until next week so I will see then. Switching from the G26 to the G30 has cut into my range budget since I have had to buy new holsters and a new gun belt. :faint:

9. SiGlockBoy

SiGlockBoy

I've read about the opening the SL spring sets in to be tight or have some molding flash in the pocket. It will wear away or if you can see the offending bit of leafy plastic, can trim it. The newer wide leaf spring seems to have the issue. The older style that thinned a bit in that area never did that.

10. duke77togo

duke77togo

Good luck with your G30, man. It is a great shooter.

However, if you do have further problems with FTF and FTRTB then there are a number of threads here on GT that can give you more guidance. Unfortunately, it is a problem I am experiencing with my own G30. Glock claims to have a fix for it and has recently made available a new trigger bar 4256-1-, which so far, hasn't fixed the problem in my pistol, but that doesn't mean it won't fix it for other folks.