Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· NRA Life Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pictures now posted!

OK, So I received it on Monday, cleaned it up, lubricated appropriately, and replaced the original recoil spring with a 22 lb one from Wolff, per recommendations found on other websites. I didn't have the tools to do any other work on the gun.

So, took it out today and put 50 rounds through it. Must say, with the 22 lb spring, the recoil was not a problem at all. So many people complained about it being like their hands were being eaten by a chainsaw, I was worried, especially since I have some arthritis, but I didn't think it was bad at all.

Now, the double action first round trigger pull is a stone *****! Holy cow! I don't think it can be measured in pounds, but in tons, I actually needed to use both index fingers to pull the freaking trigger! I thought my Ruger Speed Six .357 had a heavy trigger pull! Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick, those Polish guys must be able to compress coal into diamonds with their hands if they can fire this thing. The P64's DA pull is lllloooonnnngggg like a Kel-Tec P-32.

Conversely, rounds two through six, the trigger pull was about 0.003 ounces. I almost put the first one in the ceiling, the trigger pull was so light. In SA mode, the P64 is a lot of fun to shoot, once you get used to how light a stroke the trigger requires. It's easily the lightest of all of my firearms; probably 2 lbs, if I had to guess. It breaks very cleanly and smoothly in the same place every time.

Now, the sights are nothing to write home about. I did take time to paint the front post with my yellow sight paint to make things easier...and then promptly left my shooting glasses home, like a dummy. Bifocals do not make for a great range day. 8-( Needless to say, I could not see the front sight very well with the specs I brought, but I kept everything on target and pretty much center mass. I look forward to doing a better job when I'm actually wearing glasses I can see the front sight.

All in all, it was a lot of to shoot and I'm glad I bought it.

· NRA Life Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still have to post some pics...

OK, So I received it on Monday, cleaned it up, lubricated appropriately, and replaced the original recoil spring with a 22 lb one from Wolff, per recommendations found on other websites. I didn't have the tools to do any other work on the gun.

So, took it out today and put 50 rounds through it. Must say, with the 22 lb spring, the recoil was not a problem at all. So many people complained about it being like their hands were being eaten by a chainsaw, I was worried, especially since I have some arthritis, but I didn't think it was bad at all.

Now, the double action first round trigger pull is a stone *****! Holy cow! I don't think it can be measured in pounds, but in tons, I actually needed to use both index fingers to pull the freaking trigger! I thought my Ruger Speed Six .357 had a heavy trigger pull! Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick, those Polish guys must be able to compress coal into diamonds with their hands if they can fire this thing. The P64's DA pull is lllloooonnnngggg like a Kel-Tec P-32.

Conversely, rounds two through six, the trigger pull was about 0.003 ounces. I almost put the first one in the ceiling, the trigger pull was so light. In SA mode, the P64 is a lot of fun to shoot, once you get used to how light a stroke the trigger requires. It's easily the lightest of all of my firearms; probably 2 lbs, if I had to guess. It breaks very cleanly and smoothly in the same place every time.

Now, the sights are nothing to write home about. I did take time to paint the front post with my yellow sight paint to make things easier...and then promptly left my shooting glasses home, like a dummy. Bifocals do not make for a great range day. 8-( Needless to say, I could not see the front sight very well with the specs I brought, but I kept everything on target and pretty much center mass. I look forward to doing a better job when I'm actually wearing glasses I can see the front sight.

Here's the first 12 rounds I fired today.

Organism Circle Symmetry Natural material Pattern

· NRA Life Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here are the post test pics I've been promising. Taken with my iPhone...

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

· NRA Life Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· NRA Life Member
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Rectangle

· Tactically Epic
13,341 Posts
when my p64 was my pizza gun i condition 3'd it. insafe safety off, and safety is stiff, plus ridiculous da pull, i preferred to just ra it . never jammed once. i lightly sanded the feed ramp and put the wolff springs and marschal

· Registered
856 Posts
Pictures now posted!

Sounds exactly like mine. Extremely heavy DA pull, and extremely light SA pull. I tried to help the DA pull by installing a Wolfe mainspring for a Walther PPK, but all that really did was lighten the SA pull. So much, that I felt the gun was unsafe to use or carry. It did not help with the DA pull. There's something about the geometry of the firing mechanism that can't be overcome by a spring change. Mine has become a safe queen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.