Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and my wife took me to the range to shoot my new G21 she helped me buy. I haven't shot a 45 ACP other than my father's 1911 (and that only every year or so) and it was a blast. I shot four different styles of ammunition ranging from Remington UMC on the low end and Hornady Critical Duty on the high end. No malfunctions of any kind and very accurate. I may actually need one of the bigger backstraps but otherwise it was a perfect range trip. I can finally see what people mean when they describe the 45 as more of a "push" compared to the .40's snap.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how much I love my G21 (and my wife).

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I can finally see what people mean when they describe the 45 as more of a "push" compared to the .40's snap.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how much I love my G21 (and my wife).
I personally wouldn't describe it as a push. I'd call it a snap, too, but not as much snap as the 40. Beretta 92, 9mm 1911, BHP are 'pushers'. ;)

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Good choice on pistol. I love 45 acp pistols. I have a Glock 30 but may one get a Glock 21. Enjoy and be safe.

· Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on you anniversary and the G21! I picked my Gen 4 G21 up last month and love it so far... I was a little intimidated at first not having shot a 45 ACP before, but after a few shots I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to shoot. I finished the range session shooting my Gen 4 G19, which at that point felt like I was shooting a cap gun!

Hmmm... good idea! Our wedding anniversary is actually today...

Anyway, enjoy it!!!

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. It was a great day at the range. Even better, my wife's wanting to go again next week. I think I've found a keeper (or two, counting both firearm and spouse). :D

Lyodbraun I know that problem well. It's probably a good thing I can't afford to buy new guns more quickly, or at least that's what I keep telling myself...

tomrkba I had been thinking about it at some point, although one of the local shops has a Glock 36 that seems to be calling my name.

JohnK1987 I was surprised as well. I'd shot a .45 before, but aside from borrowing an M&P I'd since forgotten about, not one this light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.