close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

took armorer class yesterday

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 1stang08, Apr 7, 2010.

1. 1stang08

1stang08

Just took my Armorer class yesterday in Winnetka IL with Hodges.....All I can say is WOW...I learned so much from him and what makes Glock a great gun and company. It was well worth it. I am now a certified Glock Armorer. I am thinking of taking alittle trip to GA to take the 2 day advanced class:whistling:

2. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

What does the 2 day class cover in addition to what was learned during the 1 day course? I read the course outline from gssfonline.com and it really read very similar except for the 'scenario' pistols which I'd like more info on please?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010

3. 1stang08

1stang08

The advanced class from what I read...covers more the use of the g18 full auto with shooting and advanced shooting with the guns. Im not 100% of what it all covers. We didnt learn anything on the training guns, but he did show us them. He had just about every Glock with him for us to play with...including the G18...what a sick gun

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

5. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

OK I'm not trying to be a pain, but in my earlier post I mentioned what I thought seemed to be different after reading the descriptions from that sight and the fact that I wanted to get more information from folks who attended who could expand on the, to me, very similar descriptions.

Thanks!

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You must be a Certified Glock Armorer for 24 months or more to be eligible for the Advanced Armorer 2-day class, which has nothing to do with the G18. The scenarios involve being assigned multiple pistols with predetermined problems that you must diagnose and repair. In other words, here is a Glock with problems. Figure it out and repair it.

7. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

I've taken both the basic and advanced courses.

The final test is actually about 16 guns, EACH with about 5 or 6 problems that you must identify, and identify the fix for each. The test takes a good 5 or 6 hours.

Probably 95% of typical Glock owners learn everything they really need to know in the basic class.

The Advanced course is primarily for Police Armorers or commercial gunsmiths who might be faced with lots of different Glock models, calibers, and generations. Especially in situations where it is possible that incorrect parts from one model or generation are installed in another, incorrect model or generation. Or gun butchers have been trying to do "improvements".

The difference between a 9mm vs .40 extractor is incredibly subtle, for example. You really need to look at them side by side to know which is which. Cracked, butchered and broken parts. Parts installed wrong. Parts omitted. 9mm parts installed in .40s. .40 parts installed in .45s. Every such combination.

If you just have a few guns and are smart enough to not detail strip them on the table at the same time and thus possibly mix and mismatch the parts, all you really need is the basic course.