Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had traded my last 26 in order to get my 43X. Although I am truly impressed with the 43X and like it a lot, I missed the little 26 and its versatility. I was determined to get another 26, and today I took a step back and made it happen. My daughter bought a 43 a while back, just had to have it. After shooting it, it wasn't what she envisioned, so its just been sitting in the box. She tried my 43X and was thrilled with it, commenting repeatedly that she wished she had bought one of those instead. I made her a deal and traded my 43X for her 43, and promptly took it to the gun shop. I ask to see a Blue label 26 that they had, a Gen 5, and inquired what the price was. It had night sights, so with the added cost of that upgrade, it was $492. A non Blue label Gen 5 26 with standard sights was $559, so both a little more than I was ready to pay today. I caught one of the employees who had been standing near by stepping away and into the back. While I was looking at something else, he came back, handed me a used Gen 5 26 with night sights and three mags they had just taken in the day before on trade and ask if I'd be interested in that one. Tag said $374, with my military discount, $359. After trading in the 43 which I really had no interest in, I left with a Gen 5 26 and a box of ammo for $59 OTD. By taking a step back and helping my daughter out, plus a degree of pure luck and great timing, everybody won.

I already have holsters for the 26, so good there. More mags are easy, Magpul 12 rounders for about $12, and some 19 and 17 mags with an Xgrip round that out. Although I prefer a flat trigger, this has a smooth Glock trigger, so I'll leave it for now. Not being a fan of three dot sights, which these night sights are, I'll probably switch them out for a set of Hackathorns or I dots. Finally, a set of Talon Pro grips and we're set. Since she arrived home, she's been inspected, cleaned, and lubed, to include the mags, so tomorrow we may have to shoot the hillside and get better acquainted. Now I just need to be smart enough to not trade another 26 off. ;)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although I haven't shot it yet, I'm already impressed with the Gen 5. Disassembly of a Glock pistol has never been difficult, but reassembly of the Gen 5 is amazing, everything just slides into place. I tried all of the back straps, and the pistol with no back strap at all is perfect. If it shoots as well as I think it will, life will be good.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats on the g26. I don't think you're stepping back on the g26 a bit.
Not so much a step back on the 26 as much as a step back "to" the 26. Kinda one of those hind sight is 20/20 things. Although I like the 43X very much, the grass isn't always that much greener on the other side.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad you're happy with the G26. I went the other way. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't bond with the short grip on the G26 and when I ran G19 mags in it to make my grip on it fit my hand better, I might as well have been carrying my G19 anyway. I sold it to a friend of mine and just used the 19 as my EDC. I might add that I don't think the longer 19 slide is any more difficult to conceal than the shorter barrel/slide of the G26.

Anyway, I thought I would try a G48 and fell in love with it the first time I shot it. Using Shield Arms mags, I have what I consider to be the perfect carry piece for me.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Anyway, I thought I would try a G48 and fell in love with it the first time I shot it. Using Shield Arms mags, I have what I consider to be the perfect carry piece for me.
Highpower,,,I've been handling and shooting my nephews g48 a little bit and I'm totally impressed. Slim, comfortable and very accurate. I have found no negatives with it so far. I am sure you do enjoy yours.

·
bene vivere
2,356 Posts
I recently but a 43X, but will never replace my 26.5.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm glad you like your G26. I had a Gen4, and just never warmed up to it. I just picked up a 43X yesterday, and I really like it.

·
bene vivere
2,356 Posts
I am grateful that I live in the USA and that we still have choices.
Smile Purple Violet Font Magenta

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good move. My favorite Glock pistol.

·
Registered
18,917 Posts
Sold mine. Nothing wrong with it, it just felt like a brick. EDC a P365xL with RDS on it. Technology is a good thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As noted, the 26 isn't for everyone, but for me it's just the right package. I kept my 48, so I still have a slim Glock. For those who are getting the 43X, you won't be disappointed. I don't doubt at some time I may get another 43X, but for now the little 26 and I are partners.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Congrats to your new G26 I had a Gen5 G26 but I traded it, I will get another one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I enjoy my 26 a lot. I put HD XRs on mine and it’s a fine shooting little pistol. Great guns.

·
Private side
11,793 Posts
… I might add that I don't think the longer 19 slide is any more difficult to conceal than the shorter barrel/slide of the G26.

Unless you are carrying OWB and have a “slide” type holster and you’re afraid your shirt will lift and someone will see it, barrel length isn’t usually the issue in concealment; it’s grip size/length that’s the issue.

Reactions: gunsmoke92
1 - 20 of 33 Posts