Too Much To Assume FBI Would Have Scratched Glock .40s If Kb Prob Was True?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by J.Bourne, Aug 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. J.Bourne

J.Bourne Damaged Goods

Am I the only one to believe that the FBI would have recalled the thousands of G22s and G23s issued as standard sidearms to their agents if kb's were more prone in these weapons than others?

Or do Dean Spier's "urban legend" rantings, without referencing any particular statistical incidences of Glock kb's, nor any other scientifically reliable research data, simply carry more weight? ;P

2. Glock34-35

Glock34-35

3. cheygriz

cheygriz Venerable Elder

J Bourn,

If you give the FBI (Federal Bureau of Incineration) credit for any intelligence, or any desire to do the right thing, your opinions of them are far different than mine.

4. FORTY

FORTY Millennium Member

Actually; the ADA [Americans with Disabilies Act] requires the FBI to have a certain number of amputees. I myself have blown off so many fingers that I'm down to shooting with my toes.

The damn .40 Glocks are blowing up all over the place. At the FBI training center at Quantico, they have a Zamboni guy that comes out to squeegy the range after every group shoots. Some of the agents are reduced to greasy spots when their .40s blow up.

Sometimes; when it's really quiet, you can sit on your porch and listen for one of the tens of thousands of .40 Glocks, that are carried by armed citizens and LEOs, to explode. I heard from a guy at the range, who heard this from his second cousin's next door neighbor; that an entire off duty SWAT team was killed in a Dunkin' Donuts when a G-23 spontaneouly KB'd in a guys range bag; and it wasn't even loaded. ;Q

5. wuzfuzznopd

wuzfuzznopd

I don't even have mine anymore and it kb'd in my night table!

6. noslrac

noslrac

Thats good stuff.

7. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

That's funny Forty!!!;) ;a ;f

8. Guest

Unlike the smart-alec replies, I think I agree with J.

My G22 DID sorta kB Sunday whilst my wife was shooting it (I posted description in 40 Club), but I believe I may have double charged the load. Chamber area was still all attached to barrel, but ther ARE cracks on each side....

FWIW, I don't completely trust most of what my gov't does, but I think Bourne asked a serious question, and it deserved a serious response, not zamboni's on the firing line....

Steve

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Please tell me it wasn't that beautiful Glock you posted a pic of a few days ago.

IGF

10. Guest

sniff, sniff, I'm sorry to say that it was.... Almost hate to send it in Gona take a looong time to get a new one looking that good <g>

There will be a brief memorial service Sunday morning at Eagle Creek pistol range.;f

Steve

11. Boom Vang

Boom Vang

And your opinion of them is far different than most Americans.

12. cheygriz

cheygriz Venerable Elder

You might be surprised how many Americans share my opinion of them. This bunch of crackpots, and crack-heads is definitely not the same organization that J. Edgar Hoover built. The current so-called FBI is little more than "Slick Willie" Klinton's Gestapo.

13. fatdog

fatdog

I had thought those booms were from the poorer rednecks in the area fishing the local creeks with dynamite.....

14. noslrac

noslrac

Shot the new 23 today, and yes its still in one piece! I'm sure other poor folks have lost limbs and digits, though, as theirs blew up.

15. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Fatdog, don't you mean cricks?

16. Rich

Rich

With factory ammo, the probability of a kaboom! error happening is very, very small.

Rich

17. Tom Horn

Tom Horn Duty & Country

If I am ever attacked by a gang of Columbian drug dealers I am just going to throw my G22 at them and when it Kbs it will be like a grenade. However, I am not quite sure what the fuse is set for, 5-7 seconds? Anybody know from personal experience?

18. medcraft

medcraft

i am sure that the american government would cover up a mistake in gun not made in the usa.....wait,,,if they did find a kb problem they would have stayed with an american weapon..most often all kb are from people reloading, which we all should know by now,,,if you reload get a different barrel number one, and two know what you are doing,,,if you want to throw you 23 at me, i am sure you will be on the losing end of that deal

19. Jobe

Jobe

And I am sure Glock recommends double charged loads. Oh, that is right......Glock recommends factory ammo, not reloads, and certainly not double charged reloads.

20. DDG38

DDG38

He he. The Mad aussie is back...

Anyway I have just read my Glock manual and no where does it say not to use relaods. All it says it (Glock) cannot accept liability if ammunitoin isnt manufactured to CIP or SAAMI Standards.

But then again this is the same manual that says " NEVER aim at persons when handling the weapon!"

I assume that LEO's when using the Glock use harse language when effecting hot arrest's;Q ;e