GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good luck!

I've had the same thing done (discogram). It was painful but they give you enough drugs to deal with it then forget about it.

Had two cracked/torn discs in my lumbar area.

Had a 2 level spinal fusion three weeks ago and the disc pain and sciatic pain is gone. Still dealing with post surgical pain, but my back is feeling better than it has in years.

Hang in there.
I talked to the nurse who would be giving me the versed and told them how bad my anxiety is about needles in my spine...they promised to give me enough that I didn't know what was going on, and would not remember it after coming to. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 10th, so that means almost 2 weeks of more anxiety. Praying nothing happens to put it off any longer...and praying my surgery on Monday is a "GO" and that my clotting isn't an issue then.

·
Super Moderator
19,784 Posts
Lady G, prayers and good wishes inbound, hope things go as well as possible for you.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,619 Posts
More prayers sent for your comfort and recovery; for skillful physicians with guided hands, and for hope.

:wavey:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm home. The pain is really bad, the dilaudid isn't helping. They gave me morphine in recovery and it helped, but my insurance won't let me have morphine for home use. They put me completely down, tube down the throat and everything. I can feel a difference in the pressure in my abdomen. I think I might be able to eat a regular meal soon (I don't think I will eat much for the next few days). I'm not suppose to do anything for a few days, but I think my landlord is going to demand a regular meal, regardless of my condition. I'm pryaing that isn't the case and that he will order something in, but I'm not gonig to count on it. God bless all for the wonderful prayers.

·
It ain't over
8,040 Posts
Glad it's over - at least the surgery. The pain may be around for a while. Eat light - at the risk of being indelicate - something that will pass easily.

Good luck - keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You want me to send someone over with some stuff?
:wavey:
Wish would could legally do that...I would love to have some relief. Doctors orders are to lay still and rest...yet my landlord is demanding I cook a full meal so I can't even follow the doctor's orders. I was so hoping he would be considerate and order something in for us. :dunno::crying:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Praying that it was a success.
Thank you so much for the prayers...I wonder how long it's going to be before the stinging pain is gone. I'm also afraid that I ripped a stitch as it seems to be lighting bleeding.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts