Tomorrow and Monday are the surgery days

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lady Glock, May 29, 2014.

1. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

It's been a while since I checked in...mainly because typing hurts me now with my hands failing. I have a test on my neck and middle spine tomorrow, it's a CT Milogram done with sedation since I have such bad anxiety about having needles put into my spine, they will inject dye into my spine at the neck and thoracic area and then take CT scans to evaluate the condition of the spine in those areas. The reason for this is because they think I have more bulging discs and that is what is making my hands hurt and quit working as well as my left arm. I can't even get back up the ramp at my house anymore on my own...so if nobody is home to help me, I can't leave the house. I can't check the mail and I can't sit in the yard to enjoy a nice day.

On Monday, I will be having surgery to remove an encapsulated tumor from my abdomen. I am going to be so happy to have this gone as I can't eat many things, small portions only or I risk getting sick...sometimes I get sick even if I eat NOTHING...the tumor makes it feel like I've been stabbed by a hot icepick, my abdomen feels like it's on fire and the pressure is intense...it hurts so bad that my face goes flush and I have to hurry for the pink hospital bucket or I risk having a mess to clean up. Prayers are apprecaited, I just want my hands to work again or for them to decide to give me something electric to get around on so I can leave the house on my own.

2. carloglock19

carloglock19

You will be in my prayers and I will also pray for you to have a smooth surgery and a quick recovery. I have been spending the past few weeks caring for my wife post surgery, good days and bad days but she is recovering nicely.

Last edited: May 29, 2014

3. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you for the prayers. I will keep your wife in my prayers too. God Bless!

4. Scott3670

Scott3670

Here's hoping that all of your procedures go well and that you heal quickly. Sending positive thoughts your way.

5. ALDIS

ALDIS

Prayers for both of you, glad she is doing well

6. ALDIS

ALDIS

Lady Glock, prayers for you and your family. Also prayers being said for your medical team. Let us know how you do.

7. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you all so much. Your prayers and thoughts are truly appreciated!

8. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

Thoughts and prayers, Lady Glock! When I had heart surgery four years ago, they rolled me into the OR, I met the staff, and then I woke up somewhere else. Piece of cake! You'll do great. :supergrin:

9. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers! Hope you are doing well after your heart surgery and that everything is strong and healthy!

They were told about my anxiety, yet they call this "conscience sedation". The nurse gives versed(sp?) and she can force me to be awake and aware if she chooses to...that's what happened before, the doc kept telling her to give me more, give me more, and she refused...now I'm worried that will happen again. The last time, my anxiety took over, I shook really bad and then after they stuck the needle in my spine, the next day...I started falling. I fell nearly every day, even when I started using a cane. Now I'm in a wheelchair, and I'm worried that something could go wrong with the needle and permanently paralyze me.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  10. southernshooter

southernshooter

Everything is going to go well and you will be up and around soon. Just getting the surgery behind you will be a relief. Then, you will just be waiting out the healing process.

11. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Been thinking about you today, Lady Glock. I hope all went well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

12. eaglefrq

eaglefrq

I hope everything worked out with the test today. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the surgery on Monday. Stay positive and think good thoughts.

13. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Prayers sent for your speedy and whole recovery. tom.

14. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Went in for the test and they took a blood sample because I'm on blood thinners and quit them a bit more than a week ago and unfortunately my blood is still too thin and they cancelled my test until the 10th, and I have to stay off the thinners until then, which my doctor is going to be TICKED about. Still have the surgery to remove the tumor on Monday and prayers are definitely appreciated, please add a prayer that the blood is thick enough to go through with it.

15. csaw44

csaw44

Thoughts and Prayers being sent your way. You will do great.

16. flyover

flyover

Prayers sent and God bless you and yours.

17. Wiggity

Wiggity

Good luck!

I've had the same thing done (discogram). It was painful but they give you enough drugs to deal with it then forget about it.

Had two cracked/torn discs in my lumbar area.

Had a 2 level spinal fusion three weeks ago and the disc pain and sciatic pain is gone. Still dealing with post surgical pain, but my back is feeling better than it has in years.

Hang in there.

18. frank4570

frank4570

Good luck. It sounds like you are having a really tough time. I hope this surgery helps.

19. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Good luck and good vibes heading your way. :wavey:

20. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

Will keep your wellness and speedy recovery foremost in my prayers.