Toilet training?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by pixel218, Jul 25, 2007.

1. pixel218

pixel218

I have been thinking lately about trying to toilet train my cats. Has anyone done this? How successful was it? What method did you use, and how long did it take? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

2. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

My cat uses her litter box faithfully and has NEVER gone outside her box. I ain't after screwing that up!:rofl:

Let us know if you have any luck with that...I'd love to see a pic of the cat on the toilet if you can get one!

3. pixel218

pixel218

Here is a pic I found online.

4. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

Find a bowl and a colander that will fit in your toilet bowl. Fill the bowl up the litter and place it in the toilet bowl. Keep it there for a few weeks. After she is comfortably going in that bowl replace it with a colander. The purpose of that is to get the cat used to the sound of it's pee hitting the water and keep it from accidentally going in. After a few weeks take the colander away and presto! Your cat is using the toilet.

I haven't done it personally, but it's worked for a lot of people. The time it takes will vary depending on the cat. For the first week or so you may want to keep the litter box out, but move it as far away from the toilet as possible. Hopefully the cat will start using the one that is closest to it when it has to go.

5. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

:rofl: Thanks Pixel, that's funny as hell!

6. pixel218

pixel218

Here is an even better pic.:rofl: :dancingbanana: