Toilet Flushing 10-15 Times?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bill Keith, Dec 8, 2019.

1. One usually does the trick

85 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Twice for good results

42 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Ha! I have and use a commercial power toilet, "Here, hold my Beer!"

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. I have a classic pre-low-flow toilet, no problemo

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I have and use an outhouse

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. I'm a big bear, I go in the woods!

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. I drop a deuce and leave it for the next guy/gal

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. I'm a gonna have to flush many times!

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

...and they are all low flow. Some folks think all toilets are the same and shop solely on price. Buy a cheap toilet get cheap toilet problems.

2. flyover

flyover

The ones we had in the house were 70's models and I think you could have flushed a freight train down them. Dad got old enough that he needed a hi-rise style potty and they didn't have them in a higher gallon selection.

3. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

Macerating toilet. It will chop any size log to tiny pieces.

nrajeff likes this.
  4. bdcochran

bdcochran

5. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

We bought pressure toilets. NEVER clogged in the 8 or 10 years we had them. Lots of guests, and kids from 6 on through teenage years. Those things would flush a bowling ball if it was flexible. Low water use, but a bit loud, and you could actually feel the floor flex a bit!

nrajeff likes this.
  6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

How?

7. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Gov control run amok. and yes, even with my 11 year old it's dump, flush, wipe, flush and maybe repeat. And these are 2018 toilets with the Kohler aqua piston.

and in my old 1990's home, I had to modify the flusher (cut down the water restricting type above the flapper valve) to get more gal per flush to make it work.

And don't get me going on "water saver" shower heads that turn a 5 min shower into a 20 min shower that still leaves soap all over your body. No water savings there.

BTW, I modified all the shower heads too. Stickin' it to "the man"!

Go Trump! tellin' it like it is!

nrajeff likes this.
  8. Schrag4

Schrag4

I have a serious question about the doomsday posters in this thread. Why, in your estimation, do we never hear about this threat (depletion of drinking water) from the MSM, when they won’t shut up about threats that are obviously less likely to kill anyone?

My theory about that is two-pronged, with one of them being that this isn’t an existential threat. It may be expensive, today, to make non-potable water potable. But someday soon, the technology will become cheaper and the energy needed to do it will become cheaper, too. To me, you’re saying that we’re in serious trouble if we don’t find solutions, and I’m telling you that not only do solutions exist (albeit expensive, today), but if we have to fall back on them, they will be refined drastically.

nrajeff likes this.
  9. syntaxerrorsix

We here about it all the time. Watering restrictions are common. If you are a homeowner here in Florida you have days of the week you are allowed to water. New technology sounds good but it's an awful like like renewable energy. It isn't there yet and it isn't cost effective or efficient.

Red tide? Water pollution. Polluted all the rivers and part of the Everglades.

Reclaimed water pumped back into the aquifer? Only way to meet demand from the lack of water in deep aquifers.

If you aren't hearing about clean water issues I don't know what to tell you.

Flint Michigan ring a bell?

Talk to your local officials and research your local problems. I assure you they are there.

10. 1bigK

1bigK

Just for the record Willie, I did not design that system. It was invented by a water engineer in Canada, and has been approved by various agencies, but not yet by UPC. My case was a first one doing it in accordance with building code and legal requirements, and that was what made life so frustrating.

There are still several issues to be worked out before it will be ready for prime time.

I 100% agree with your statements about why code is so necessary, especially considering some of the morons who claim to be contractors. Building code is but a minimally acceptable level of performance for people to abide by, but there is a definite need for it.

I am sorry that we got a bit sideways, a little misunderstanding that took on a life of it’s own. We’re cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeWilly likes this.
  11. 1bigK

1bigK

In our new house all of the toilets are low flow, and 4 of 5 are dual flush ultra low flow toilets. We have had almost no issues in 10 years with those, and we are happy. Even a double flush uses less water than the old standard 5 gallon toilets.

Besides how the toilet functions, the plumbing beyond must be done right and pitched correctly for the system to work properly. Even something as insignificant as burrs on pipe joints can cause problems with flushing and waste removal, and you would be surprised how often that is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeWilly likes this.
  12. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

What do you know about Flint? I was a contractor who replaced water lines in Flint. I seen cases of donated water on the curb for trash pickup. I talked to homeowners who returned their donated water filter systems for cash. How does what happened in Flint related to this thread or support your posts?

13. syntaxerrorsix

Water contamination is the heart of the issue that a few of us are discussing.

14. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

The water was/is fine. The manner in which it was delivered is another story. Dare I sound callus and say it was their own fault.

DocCasualty and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  15. DAKA

DAKA

Wait a minute....You are trying to get GOVERNMENT to MAKE SENSE o_O

16. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I'm not worried about water contamination. No one on my area is dying of typhoid of cholera. the water treatment facilities do a good job and I'm not afraid to cook with or even drink tap water.

I'm more concerned with water conservation and people who flush a toilet more than necessary are A-holes as far as I'm concerned.

mike from st pe likes this.
  17. nrajeff

nrajeff

When my wife was in S. Korea in the 1980s, it was common to see toilets that had the tank up high on the wall, and it was filled with grey water from the sink. So as you washed your hands, the water didn't just go down the drain, it went up into the toilet tank. When you flushed, gravity helped that water give you a mighty flush. She said those Korean toilets worked great, and saved water. She wonders why this hasn't been widely adopted over here.

larry_minn likes this.
  18. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

We are no more "running out of clean drinkable water" than we have ever been.

It's always had to be treated & cleaned, and it's in bountiful supply.

19. nrajeff

nrajeff

There is something zen-like in that statement.

20. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

and that interesting thing called GRAVITY keeps all that H2O here on earth to be used again, and again, and again........

We aren't losing any water.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019