Toilet Flushing 10-15 Times?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bill Keith, Dec 8, 2019.

1. One usually does the trick

85 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Twice for good results

42 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Ha! I have and use a commercial power toilet, "Here, hold my Beer!"

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. I have a classic pre-low-flow toilet, no problemo

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I have and use an outhouse

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. I'm a big bear, I go in the woods!

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. I drop a deuce and leave it for the next guy/gal

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. I'm a gonna have to flush many times!

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

I'm astonished by the number of people that think water is disappearing. It's just used, and re-used, and re-used, and re-used, and.....

Tvov and mike from st pe like this.
  2. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

and the best part about water is that under ambient conditions it vaporizes and separates itself from the pollutants that are dissolved in it. this is nature's cleansing.

Tvov and mike from st pe like this.

3. DAKA

DAKA

Another "water"of water is running the hot faucet till the hot water gets from the boiler to the faucet...I am going to address that by putting a small (110 V) instant heater under the kitchen sink.
    If I were to have a house built (not anymore in my lifetime) I'd just run cold water to every faucet and have a small instant heater wherever there is a need for hot water.
    We did this for a vacation house I designed for someone that was built in VT..also very easy to "drain" the water over the winter...(all piping pitched to a low point with a faucet...one place to drain the whole system..)

flyover likes this.
  4. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

Lol no one said water is disappearing. Obviously reading isn’t your strong subject. Water is being contaminated every day. Thus leaving less and less clean water. Sure you can treat water but simple treatment doesn’t take out oils and man made pollutants. As a matter of fact most cities pump the water to a ground storage tank injecting chlorine along the way with aeration happening while it’s pumped to the ground storage tank, then from there it’s pumped to an elevated storage tank then out to the customers. So no filters for filtering out oils or other pollutants. So what do you think is going to happen once more and more water gets contaminated? More and more money is going to have to be put into a new upgraded treatment system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OGW likes this.
  5. cougar_ml

cougar_ml

I believe they also make a recirculating valve thingy that will take the water from the line and dump it back into the hot water inlet. So probably involves a small pump.

Eddy Current and flyover like this.
  6. kiole

kiole

they make smart water recirculating pumps that solve this issue.

WeeWilly and flyover like this.
  7. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I think we can chalk the "10 - 15 times" up to exaggeration but there is no denying that modern toilets suck biggly.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Tvov, flyover and DocCasualty like this.
  8. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

So, if contamination is the issue, how is water conservation in non-depleted areas the answer? You haven’t answered my other questions so I’m not holding my breath.

mike from st pe and happyguy like this.
  9. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

Where are these non depleted areas you speak of? Every single place that was named in this thread had a whole website solely for teaching about water conservation and trying to stop waters from being contaminated. So not sure where you live where there is unlimited water.

10. OXMYX

OXMYX

It rained today so I have plenty of fresh, clean, cold water. Uncontaminated.

11. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

So we’re back to my original question to you to provide credible information that everyone everywhere lives in a water deprived area. It’s not that long of a thread, so I’m sure you can refresh your memory. I provided my local data as you requested too, so . . .

Again, you didn’t answer the the most recent question either.

12. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

It’s pointless arguing with you. You provided your water quality report after being treated. How is that showing me that you aren’t in a water deprived area? It doesn’t. It just shows the water the city is providing you meets this standards. Are you saying Florida is a water deprived state? I can show you perfectly fine water quality reports. Go 5 miles from the water plant and well. There are many cases of EDB (ethylene dibromide) there are atleast 3 areas of homes where we had to provide them water due to their water not being able to be drank. Yet I can still provide you with a CCR stating the water the city provides is of good quality.

13. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

Seems like a nice clean place to get some water

https://www.mlive.com/news/page/michigans_water_crisis_pfas.html

14. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

Hopefully your body doesn’t have 750 times the national average of PFAS like hers did

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/3365301002

But Michigan has no water issues. Lol flint Michigan ring a bell? Lead leeching from pipes into the water. Is that not a sign of water deprivation when the city cannot even provide clean water to its residents? Again clueless people who only think they know.

15. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

You never proved your claim that everyone everywhere lives in a water deprived area. You certainly never proved I live in one and you never demonstrated how water conservation staves off contamination.

Are you suggesting that anyone in any inhabited area won’t require their water to be treated? Seems like a tall order in the modern populated world. I have no idea what the status of FL is in this regard and I’ll leave that to you.

I believe that you have an expertise in this area but frankly you are are not presenting a cogent assessment of what you are trying to say.

I acknowledge there are plenty of areas in this world that are truly fresh water (volume) deprived. I acknowledge that many areas, heck, maybe everywhere has some form of pollution to their untreated water supply. I acknowledge that everyone everywhere should try to eliminate or at least minimize that pollution, and that we should strive to proved water treatment for all, and improve that technology. I’m still waiting to hear how low flush toilets and shower heads in my area which is not deprived addresses any contamination issues. After all, that’s what this thread is about.

mike from st pe likes this.
  16. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

You obviously have no idea what the issues in Flint were. Talk about reading comprehension deficits! That has already been addressed in this thread.

17. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

happyguy likes this.
  18. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

BTW you still haven’t even implicated my area or everyone everywhere. Still haven’t proved one iota how extreme water conservation would improve this. In fact, you’ve completely moved the goalposts over what this thread is about.

The world isn’t perfect. The water isn’t perfect, the soil isn’t perfect, the air isn’t perfect . . . Are low flush toilets going to make all of them perfect too?

19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

In the last two houses we have owned, we had recirculating pumps so each tap that had hot water was essentially instant on hot water.

The last house we owned had the taps zoned with each zone it’s own tankless that had a built in recirculating pump. It was very slick, you could program it to only recirculate during hours people might be using the hot taps (I just set it to run 24/7), always instant on and endless hot water.

in the new house we have the same setup, big tankless units that have recirculating pumps built in. They work like a charm.

cougar_ml likes this.
  20. 1bigK

1bigK

Or was I trying to get guberment to allow us to practice common sense? That is more like how I saw it.

But still, that was a severely uphill battle.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    mike from st pe likes this.