Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When you are gluing that pesky strip of weather strupping on the sliding door, don't put the paper towel that you moistened with mineral spirits to clean the surface prior to putting on the contact cement in your left front pocket of your jeans. You've been warned.

What other words of wisdom do you have??

·
Registered
943 Posts
When you are gluing that pesky strip of weather sealing on the sliding door, don't put the paper towel that you moistened with mineral spirits to clean the surface prior to putting on the contact in your left front pocket of your jeans. You've been warned.

What other words of wisdom do you have??
Kind of like over filling your Zippo?

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Other words of wisdom.
Pee before, not after you cut up ½ lb of habanero peppers.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
lab techs where i worked used to use the same cups for coffee that they kept paint samples in while running viscosity tests. i was in the lab one day fixing one of their test machines when one of the tech's picked up a "coffee" colored paint sample and took a gulp. wow! hilarious reactions... really pretty serious though, i believe he spent sometime in the Emergency Room to get cleaned out. Obviously some Major Rule changes about drinks in the Lab...

·
Mentally Frozen
28,405 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,405 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,405 Posts

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,048 Posts
Back in the 80's, we were drinking beer and using a beer can for an ash tray. When It was time to go, guess which can I picked up to take the last swig?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
When I was five, we took a cross-country vacation and stayed in a motel.
The maintenance man was throwing these hockey puck size chlorine tablets into the pool.

I had no idea what they were, so I took one out of the pale and tried to hide it in my wet bathing suit.

Never did that again!

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
10,009 Posts
Many years ago I had a front porch light go out and stuck my hand in the housing to remove the burned out bulb. As soon as I stared to unscrew the bulb, about 20 wasps flew out of it and I was in more pain than you can possibly imagine. I yelled so loud that my family came running outside to see what had happened to me. I can't remember how many wasp stings I had but my fingers/hand hurt for several days. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Look first folks.

Moral of the story........I think it's obvious what not to do.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
10,009 Posts

·
Registered
43,600 Posts
When I got a vasectomy 12 years ago they poured abut a half cup of rubbing alcohol across my nether region and it was like a virtual rainbow of sensations. I'm not looking to repeat it but it was a lot better than the time I cut up jalapenos before wizzing.

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Many years ago I had a front porch light go out and stuck my hand in the housing to remove the burned out bulb. As soon as I stared to unscrew the bulb, about 20 wasps flew out of it and I as in more pain than you can possibly imagine. I yelled so loud that my family came running outside to see what had happened to me. I can't remember how many wasp stings I had but my fingers/hand hurt for several days. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Look first folks.

Moral of the story........I think it's obvious what not to do.
I hooked up my dump trailer one day and as is habit for me, I turned on the lights and flashers to do a light check.
The left flasher was out, so I got a screwdriver and removed the lens to find a busy nest of yellow wasps.
I popped the lens back on and just made an effort not to turn left.

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim.

-Mike
Leroy Brown too!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts