Today's BIG Question ......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Oct 28, 2020.

1. scattershot

scattershot

G
    Gives you a certain sense of freedom, doesn’t it?

rock_castle and IAhunter like this.
  2. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Check? Don’t they have direct deposit up there in the great white north? That going to the bank stuff is for the birds.

3. mdlott

mdlott

Chuck, I SERIOUSLY doubt the OP wants to get laid. The sportcoat would cinch it up. Too much like work. There would be too many choices.

PBCounty likes this.
  4. xTerpx

xTerpx Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)

I'll be at the gentlemen's club giving my retirement to Charity in the not-too-distant future, so I can respect your lifestyle. :)

5. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
  6. unit1069

unit1069

I guess you shouldn't have retired.

7. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I’ve been retired five years. My go to daily wardrobe is a t-shirt and jogging bottoms (sweats). Short sleeves, short pants in the summer, long sleeves, long pants in the winter. Good enough for a quick errand but cargo shorts/pants if I’m to be out and about. Can’t remember the last time I wore a starched shirt, let alone a coat and tie. Life is good. The church I attend has an average attendance of about 800 (at least it did before the chicom virus). Church attire is jeans, a polo shirt and sneakers (usually with socks). This includes the minister and elders.

8. Trademark

Trademark tabula rasa

I retired 7 years ago. Started my second career two weeks later. You guys better stop doing nothing. Stop drinking. Start getting out. Go volunteer if you have to. Sense of purpose or it’s into a hole for you.

mmcbeat likes this.
  9. mj9mm

mj9mm

retired 10 years now... since last week i've been struggling to get up by 8:00, what the hell... then this morning i realize:honkie:,dang... we are in Eastern Time zone... visiting daughter #3... feel much better now... oh... always get pants on after getting out of bed... :hugs:

TBO likes this.
  10. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I stay busy. Now that I’m retired I don’t see how I ever had time to work. But some days it’s nice to do nothing. Life is good!

mj9mm likes this.
  11. Otto Pistol

Otto Pistol

I’ve been retired 18 months and I am all the way up to 6:00 or 7:00 AM!

12. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

I dicn't say anything before because this thread seemed to be a humourous thread and I didn't want to dampen it.
    Volunteer. I'm a site co'ord for meals on wheels on monday morns. Its a couple of hours - in at nine, out by 1030. I have 7 delivery drivers, and 1 lady in the kitchen at the church my area wofks out of. These people do not work for me. I just co-ordinate with the main office down town, and do the p-work.

Doesn't have to be neals on wheels. Most hospitals have a volunteer programs. I'v heard of one guy that drives the lot picks up people in a golf cart, and takes them to the hospital door, then take them back to their car. Go to the info desk to learn more.
    Retire, take off a year and f-o. When you get ready, do for the others.

13. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

22 more, give or take for the pension $$$ to start rolling in. I forget at times the demographics of GT. thankfully, I get along with most of yall. but I am a cranky curmudgeon for my age.
    I want land, a lot of it, and a lot of ****ty trucks. I intend to be the last man driving when AI takes the world over.

14. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Pants?

COVID-19 has broken me of that habit. When I returned to work a few days a week mid-summer I found wearing pants to be quite uncomfortable. I am gonna be in trouble when and if things ever return back to normal and I have to wear pants everyday.

15. nerr

nerr

Yes, but it is nice to have these problems. The only real worry I have is explaining to my wife why I'm smiling all the time: she suspects me of having done something of which she would not approve.

16. Pennsyltucky

Pennsyltucky

You could always just go to McDonald's for breakfast and sit around for three hours talking to other geezers.

17. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I retired in 2012. I felt guilty about not being at work and helping out for about a month, then said the hell with it. I paid my time. Coffee pot still goes off in morning at 5:30. We stay busy with grandkids, and I play pickleball several days a week. We have small fishing boat and fish as much as we can. We usally make a winter 3500 mile trip to south and southeast. My oldest son and I go to about 6 Nascar races a year. Health is good for our age.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Vic Rattlehead likes this.
  18. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Sir, I salute you! I have 24 years to go before retirement, but look forward to similar dilemmas. Enjoy fully in good health!

LEO/Dad likes this.
  19. scattershot

scattershot

Bottom line for all of this, no matter what you do after retirement, it will be YOUR choice.

20. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I figure as long as I am wearing clean underwear, I am doing my part.