close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To those of you with a Motorola Droid...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KING-PIN, Apr 1, 2010.

1. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Now that its been out a little while, how are you still liking it?

Is it still as great as you thought it once was? What are some of your likes and dislikes?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

Thanks all.

:wavey:

2. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

I'm dying to know as well. A friend has one and it is a pretty cool phone, and I was just about to upgrade from my BB Storm, and now there are rumors that Verizon is getting the iPhone. :faint:

3. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

They're definitely getting it. I read it in the news yesterday, but I'm not interested since I had one with at&t. Its a cool phone, but it just doesn't suit me.

Just curious if the Droid will fit the bill.

:wavey:

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I don't have one but my wife does. She loves it. So far rock solid but she has only had it about 6 weeks.

The difference in internet speed between her Droid and my Storm is night and day. The Droid being WAY faster at pulling up sites.

I will be changing to the Droid when I can upgrade. I've read the WSJ article saying that a CDMA Iphone would be in the works later in the year, but until I see it it is just a rumor and I don't know if it will be a full blown Iphone or a trimmed version.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  5. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Very true. Knowing verizon, it'll probably be a extremely neutered version.

6. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

Go get a Palm Pre Plus...way better than the droid! Especially with the new 800mhz overclock patch, it's screamin!

7. Cinic

Cinic Spongy Member

The Nexus One is coming out on Verizon in the 'spring'. I like mine on T-Mobile.

8. soulless

soulless

got one and i like it. i sold my iphone 3GS for my droid.. the only CON is being unable to install apps to external SD card.. only 512mb of storage for apps+games.. sucks!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  9. BobbyT

BobbyT

The Droid has the best hardware out there.
    The Pre has the best software.

Get the Droid if you want the super high res screen and a really solid feel to the build.
    Get the Pre if you want a pretty slick design and the most intuitive, interconnected, just-plain-smart OS of any phone.

I'm a Pre user who would gladly put Palm's webOS on the Droid if that were an option.

Nexus One and Iphone follow them.
    Storm and its stupid clicky keyboard is a distant third.

10. EverMindful

EverMindful

I've had the Droid since the release basically and I still love it.

I've gotten into hacking the phone and installing custom ROM's and all that. This allows you to overclock the processor, wireless tethering, and more customization options (as well as the live wallpapers and other features included on the Nexus One).

If anyone with a Droid is interested, you'll have to root your phone which is probably the more complicated part.

11. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

I am still in love with my iPhone after 8 months :whistling:

12. NickC50310

NickC50310

Iphone will never have flash so thats a huge drawback there.

I bought my droid on the release date and still love it.

13. StevieJ

StevieJ

Had mine since release day as well and you'll hear no complaints from me. It does everything it's billed to do and the hardware is the best out of any phone I have owned.

As far as the iPhone goes... well... There's been rumors floating around about that thing coming to Verizon for what seems like ages. I would advise not to wait for it until there is a solid announcement.

14. Medic3166

Medic3166

I'm in the market for a new phone now, and am torn between the Droid and the Blackberry Tour. I like the touchscreen of the Droid, but after using both several times in the store, I think I'll go with the Tour. I tried the Storm2, but that click screen was a royal pain.

Now if Verizon comes out with a full featured, non-neutered iPhone, I'll definitely go with that and sell my iPod Touch

15. StevieJ

StevieJ

I had a Tour for about 2 weeks before I took that sucker back. That little keyboard was a pain in the butt to type on. Other than that it was a pretty good phone. I still prefer my Droid though.

As far as Verizon crippling phones, those days are long gone.

16. Rimmer

Rimmer

Had my Moto Droid for 4 weeks now. Never did text message or email but have had a cell for 22 years.

Wanted a larger screen and email and it was time for Verizon new every 2 so l took a look. $149 W rebate and 2 yrs of extra 1000 minutes/month. Like I'll ever use more than a couple hundred :dunno: Anyway, I'm now messaging and using gmail and my home signal went from 1 1/2 bars and occasional dropped calls to 3 to 4 bars and no drops. Tons of apps free for just about anything. I use the weather and gps more than any others.

The phone is larger/heavier than standard cell but with everything it can do that's understandable. I shopped for a case that would work for me. Don't pay Verizon store prices for a case, prices are triple.

Just my humble opinion but for a 50 yr old, Droid's Da BOMB!

17. drew4691

drew4691

Ugh i have the same issue with my blackberry. i have a 16Gig micro sd card, but the apps will only install on the internal memory. :steamed:

18. Yo

Yo

I was seriously interested in the Droid, but strongly disliked the inconsistency of moving in and out of apps, and navigating within apps. NOT user friendly AT ALL. Also I've been on receiving end of Droid user calls. IMHO the phone sucks. When I get a dropped call these days I ask "Are you using a Droid?" So far the answer is yes 99% of the time.

The keyboard is also surprisingly hard to type on, given its size.

Droid -- not ready for prime time.

I'm waiting 'til Verizon gets the Google phone... if that ever happens.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  19. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Wow, really?

I'm surprised to hear this.

20. pal2511

pal2511

Go to Otterbox.com and use the coupon droid15 and you get a discount for the case.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010