close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To the owner of the black and white Pit Bull running loose in my neighborho

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Emoore, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emoore

Emoore

People like you are what gives Pit Bulls a bad name. I have no issue with Pits, I have friends and relatives who own them and they are sweet, loving, good dogs. But your dog has already attacked and injured my friend's little white terrier mix; today he decided to try me and my 2 German Shepherds on for size. Lucky for him I recently picked up a can of dog repellent spray. I sprayed him full in the face with it and he tucked tail and ran. I have 2 pieces of advice for you: 1) Take him to the vet--I hear that stuff's nasty; and 2) Keep him penned up. I occasionally forget my dog repellent spray, but I never forget my pistol.

2. RJ1670

RJ1670 Addicted Member

Good for you. I'm glad you didn't have to shoot the pooch but, at least you were ready if it came to that.

3. G17Jake

G17Jake

Should have shot it.

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

I don't know about where you live, but I live in the ghetto.

Rottweilers, and Pits run free around here constantly. I keep an eye on them more carefully than the hood rats who roll around here in their caddies blinged out with 34 inch diamond chrome gangsta gangsta spinnaz :rofl:

5. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Talking to a friend just yesterday about that. He said if the neighbor's Pit Bull makes one more pass at him he's shooting the dog. The neighbor has been warned.

6. JimIsland

JimIsland

Do yourself a favor and go knock on their door and explain to them what happened. I doubt they read GT. Also you may want to call the authorities and file a complaint to start a paper trail. It WILL happen again so the more documentation the better.

Unfortunately I shot and killed a dog years ago that decided to try and make a meal out of my wifes Shizu. Our dog survived the brutal attack but was never the same. That could have been my 3 year old daughter playing in the front yard just as easily.

7. Emoore

Emoore

Unfortunately I don't know who owns the dog. We see it running around the neighborhood from time to time. It looks well-fed but there's no collar or tags. Is it still worthwhile to contact AC or the sheriff?

8. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Yes, because if they come and get the dog, either

A) they won't find the owner and a nuance dog will be put down

B) the owner picking up the dog, but still the beginning of the dog eventually being caught enough times to be put down

C) the owner will come and pick the dog up, identifying them as the responsible party and maybe a fine will cause them to become a responsible pet owner

I have ranked these in order of most to least likely.

9. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Unfortunately I can't tell you who owns the dog either, but I can surmise a little bit about them.

I have passed on one or two good shoots on bad dogs. I somehow made it through without killing the dogs. I did track down the owners. It went like this, Me: I don't want to kill your dog. Them: WTF? Me: this is your warning.

10. Brucev

Brucev

Remember Rule 3S... Shoot. Shovel. Shut-up. It is absolutely effective.

11. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

The owner of the pit bull in your neighbor............... I don't think he posts here.

12. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

this ....

ive had my share of problems out here in the sticks with pits and other dogs , ive also went the good route , check for owners , tall to owners , went to court , etc

it does not work . deputy just said shoot em .

me - there is a leash law out here
    owner - really
    me - yeah it is
    owner - its not really my dog
    me - do you feed it ? then its your dog by law
    owner -really
    me - yes
    me - if i have anymore or see your dogs on my property i will do what i have to
    owner - is that a threat ?
    me - no sir its a promise

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Dear Neighbor,

Your dead pitbull is in the dumpster behind Wal Mart. You can pick him up there.

14. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Lojack the dog with a gps collar and track it home, and have a nice chat with the owner.

:supergrin:

15. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

My dog and I were jumped by 2 young pitts a week ago. I pulled the 9 on them and was squeezing the trigger when they backed off. The trigger had to be close to breaking. If I had shot one, I would have shot both. It was in the street in front of the shack where they live. Just down the road, further into my walk, I met the 'owner'. He did not like anything I had to say, but he did not have to guess how I felt.

16. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

If you end up shooting this dog make sure you hit the white part only or Obama might say that he looks like the dog he might have had.

17. ScottieG59

ScottieG59

Call law enforcement and make a complaint about the dog. Have them make a report and keep track of the case number. Have law enforcement speak with the dog owner.

If you speak with them, the conversation will have NO official status. People lie about these conversations.

Be prepared to become the neighbor's "non-friend." This can mean nothing or it can mean harassment and or revenge.

Also, some dogs will plot revenge themselves after you run them off. It might be something like pissing on your car tire or flowers. It can be something vicious toward you or yours.

Be prepared for the law enforcement not to see this as serious. Also, do your best to respect law enforcement. You are not the center of their universe; if you try to be, you will look like a nut case. Just build the record and keep track of the case numbers. This will help when you decide to speak with a prosecutor.

One last thing: In my state, Kansas, killing an animal can be a felony and you want to have all your facts very straight. Neighbors will lie and may have friends who will back them up. Know the law in your state and how the prosecutor feels about these things. Remember, a felony means you may not own guns for the rest of your life.

Doing the right thing and being seen as doing the right thing are not the same thing.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  18. owl6roll

owl6roll

Yeah, I'd start a paper trail, just in case. If/when you have an incident, you've got the paper trail to show you had cause to be concerned.

19. goldenlight

goldenlight

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for letting a dog run loose, where there are people and other dogs within 'range'.

I would have no problem at all shooting a 'loose dog', if it attacked a pet of mine ....or looked like it was going to.:steamed:

Given the PB's 'reputation', I doubt that many, if any LEO's would give you much trouble over it, either.

20. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

yeah i did that paper trail thing myself , its not worth the ink printed on it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.