Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ammo do you use

Grainage and all.

I'm trying to experiemnt with different rounds to see what shoots best from it

I'm think 230 my be a little heavy for such a small gun but I dont know yet

·
Registered
17,134 Posts
I had a G36 as my main carry gun for about 5 years.

It ate just about everything I fed it, except for Winchester Winclean and Corbon DPX.

I mostly carried standard pressure 230 gr JHP's or Corbon PowrBall.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I had my 36, I shot every kind of ball and HP ammo I could find thru it. My absolute favorite for carry, although a little hot in the lightweight G36, was the Speer gold dot in the 200g. +P variety. Deadly accurate and impressive and reliable expansion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I load my 36 with Federal 230gr +P (department issued ammo). You can definitely feel the recoil, however it is still manageable.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Standard pressure Speer Gold Dots in 230 grain. Accurate, manageable and how John Browning and the U.S. Government said it should be!:supergrin:

·
The Dixie ****
744 Posts
Winchester Ranger T 230 grain +P. Recoil is very manageable (admission: I shoot .45 more than any other round so I may be acclimated to its recoil).

Side note: I had two FTFeed using this ammo last night in my G30. First time ever. Hopefully just a fluke as this has long been my favorite SD ammo. :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Remington Golden Sabers, 185 gr. Seem to shoot very well. I do want to experiment with some with other loads. Just haven't had the time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
230 grain federal hst +p
The standard hst would be fine also. That is what I carry in my 21

If I was not able to carry the hst's I would carry the ranger t's, then golden sabers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts