close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To Eric. - Ad information request, 9-18-06

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by phorvick, Sep 18, 2006.

1. phorvick

phorvick

September 18, 2006

Re: Advertising

Eric. I am interested in advertising my classes to Minnesota users in the "North Star" State Forum. I would like to have a price quote to have a banner on just that section.

In addition, I would like to have permission to post my class dates etc. as posts on the same Forum.

If it is not possible (from a tech standpoint) to have a banner on just that one Forum, then can you quote me a price to have a "Sticky" on that page ...a generic post about my classes, and also incorporate into your quote the cost to be able to post class dates etc. as they arise.

I am aware of the free posts in the commercial area of the Tactics and Training,, but I was hoping to be able to make those announcements in the specific State forum and not violate your rules; so, I am looking for a cost to do so.

Thank you,

Paul Horvick
    shootingsafely.com

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Hi Paul. I will include ad rate info below. We do not have a provision right now to only run an ad in a given forum, but we could probably work something out. Posting class info in the forums outside the T&T or classified ads areas is not allowed. I can't set a precedent where commercial posts can be made in the regular forums. The best way to handle this for now would be for you to post a thread with your class schedules in the Commercial Postings forum of T&T and then post a 'Click Here To See Our Class Schedule' link in your sig line. You could just keep editing that thread with updated info. We could also link your banner to your course schedule thread and you could link from that thread to your website, if you like. I am going to build a better method to handle this sort of thing in the near future, but this is going to have to do for now.

There is a large banner ad rotation at the top right of every page on the site. These ad spots can be Flash animations, jpeg or gif images or text banners. There is a limit of 30 full-weight ad posts in this rotation, to keep plenty of exposure for everyone advertising there. These spots go for $100/mo, $200/mo or $300/mo, depending on the weight of the ad. Weighting the banner determines how often it will be displayed. A banner with a weight of 1 gets displayed every time it is called. A banner with a weight of 2 or 3 gets displayed every second or third time it is called, respectively.

The smaller rotation is a 468X60 pixel banner, that is either a jpeg or gif image. This rotation displays throughout the site, except on the main page. The number of ads in this rotation is limited to 100 fully-weighted spots. These ads cost $35/mo, $55/mo or $75/mo, depending on the weight of the banner. These banners are smaller and placed a little further down the page than the other spots, but they still get a lot of exposure.

Banner ads are billed quarterly. We offer a 10% discount for prepaying for 6 months and a 15% discount, if you prepay for a year.

I don't have ad plans yet for forum-specific banner ads. If I am going to do it though, I would want the advertiser to purchase one of the large ad spots and commit to at least six months of advertising. It is going to take some work to set this up and I want some assurance that the work will not be in vain. Please email me to let me know what you think. Eric