Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a new Remington Sendero SF II in .300 RUM, for some Colorado elk hunting fun. I haven't yet shot it and I'm debating if I want to take it to a local gunsmith to have the action "blueprinted". I'm not sure if I should our just take it out shooting.
Just thought I would ask some opinions here before I go sinking another few hundred bucks into the rifle.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Rather than spending all that money on blueprinting, you'd be better off putting that extra $$$ towards better glass. An average rifle with great glass beats a great rifle with average glass. Have you put a scope on it already? If so, what have you got on it?

·
Señor Mombo
2,855 Posts
The time for truing a rifle is when you wear out the barrel and have the gun re-done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Nikon Titanium 5.5-16.5, I have had the scope for a while on a State Arms Big Bertha and it has been a good scope.
I'm not a scope expert so if there is something better I should be looking at I'm all ears.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
I'd rather buy a gun that shoots well then buying a gun that needs adjustment to shoot well.

Shoot the dang thing first to see if it needs any accurizing. BTW, people actually call it "blueprinting"? You blueprint a motor. I didn't know that you blueprint a gun too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts