Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Snowflakes have invaded GT
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For several years we have had to listen to the those damned single-stack whiners. It seems they just could not live with a double-stack pistol.

Then Glock built the single-stack.

I didn't need one and didn't want one. I have been concealing sub compact Glocks for years and have it down to a science.

When I need a small gun to drop in my pocket I go with a J-Frame in 357 Magnum (360PD) or a little 22. Depending on where I'm going.

A lady friend has been wanting a Glock so we went to the gun show Sunday and where I got her a G42 and I picked up a G43.

To all those whiners I would like to say THANK YOU! I love this little gun and she loves hers.
We also picked up a couple boxes of cheap ammo and as soon as I could load the mags after getting out of the car at the house the both of us were ringing the gongs.
It sounded like church bells. I paused, listening for the choir.
This is my new primary carry to weddings and funerals and my backup gun everywhere else.

Thanks again, you bunch of cry babies!

·
Registered
209 Posts
lol!

I love my little single-stack 9, too!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm still looking at the 43. Hard to spend the bucks when the Kahr P9 is smaller in every parameter but height. However, I would like the Glock trigger.

·
familyman
3,103 Posts
If she gets 2 they'd make a nice set of earrings!

I'm still looking at the 43. Hard to spend the bucks when the Kahr P9 is smaller in every parameter but height. However, I would like the Glock trigger.
I had and liked and shot the p9 a bunch. I am SO impressed with the feel of my one day old 43.
Can't wait to shoot it and you are right, the trigger will prove to be the superior there is no doubt.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You like it because she told you to like it!!!.............. JK..
Actually, She was a nonshooter until I took her to an indoor GSSF shoot (Lynchburg) and an outdoor shoot (Beckley) then let her shoot several of my Glocks.

She told me she needed a Glock. It was just a question of which one.

Due to a lack of hand strength, she is still working on her magazine loading technigue.

My wife has the same problem but she carries a G26 and her theory is, once it's loaded she has enough ammo to last a while.

Next concern is holsters.

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Actually, She was a nonshooter until I took her to an indoor GSSF shoot (Lynchburg) and an outdoor shoot (Beckley) then let her shoot several of my Glocks.

She told me she needed a Glock. It was just a question of which one.

Due to a lack of hand strength, she is still working on her magazine loading technigue.

My wife has the same problem but she carries a G26 and her theory is, once it's loaded she has enough ammo to last a while.

Next concern is holsters.

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!
I started with a Remora... but really like Cook's IWB..... My wife has the same issues loading...... she likes the G43 for carry but has a G19 by her bedside.... I guess I'll have to buy another G43 before she captures mine!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
For mag loading issues, the UpLula is supposed to work with both single and double stack mags. Mine works on my 1911 mags, but maybe it would work on the smaller ones, too.

·
The Snowflakes have invaded GT
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Op, is the 43 replacing you 360pd for pocket carry?

Most likely. I think there is another G43 in my future. One in each pocket would give me backup and full-capacity.
Also I tend to buy two of a product when I find something I really like.

I have been unhappy with S&W for several years but still own a number of J-Frames. It seems I never have problems with any of my Glocks but every new S&W comes with at least one major problem, not to mention the Hillary hole.

Just the other day, I needed a J-frame/ankle holster for a special event and when I checked the 360PD the cylinder would not rotate and the cylinder release would not move forward! I found a small buildup of rust under the release. Most likely caused by body sweat. This is a titanium/scandium revolver valued close to $1000!
This is supposed to be the most dependable gun in the world!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts