Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LoneStarGlocker
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, to sum it up i want to buy a Beretta 92fs, there are no new ones in my area. My local gun shop has a used one which i havent examined yet. my question is what do i need to look for in terms of wear to determine if the weapon is in good condition more specifically the internals? Im new to this gun so go easy on me. thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a NIB Beretta 92FS if you are interested. I could send it to an FFL of your choice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Look for cracks in the locking block and cracks at the slide (near ejection port). Also look for any internal frame wear. Most of the time beretta frames aren't too beat up, but if you get one that had a flaw with the upper, it can really tear up the frame. More than likely all you will find with a beretta is external wear, they are pretty tough pistols.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Tough guns. Doubt you will find any of the following but if the seller lets you feild strip it, look for cracks in the locking block, look undo wear on the frame rails, in the early stages (lower round count under 2k) you get can an idea of round count by the barrel wear) Have you tried gun broker or gunsamerica? lots of new and used 92's on there

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
If you buy used and are worried about excessive use of high pressure rounds or a high round count, simply buy and install a new locking block and a recoil spring. It will be as good as new.

The 92SB is a tough gun.

·
LoneStarGlocker
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the advice, i found a good deal for a used one on gunsamerica but if this used one is ok and the price is right i just might get it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts