Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for OWB retention holster for my 19x with TLR-8 with zero success. I recently found a video on YouTube from Shot Show ‘18 with a Streamlight rep stating that in their testing every ALS holster designed for the TLR-1 fit the TLR-7/8.

Can anyone verify this? If so it would end my search very quickly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just picked up a Safariland 7378 7TS that fits a Glock 19/23/32 with a light. Although it's designed for something like the x300 or TLR-1, it fits and retains perfectly with a TLR-7... not sure if it would work with a TLR-8 though.

·
" Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"
1,221 Posts
Gcode makes one to fit my 19X. I have a TLR 2 on it what's the dirrerence between that TLR2 and TLR7? I think the TLR 7 is a bit shorter??Have used the TLR 1 and 2 also the Olight PL2 Valkyrie in my GCode all worked fine. Also the Safariland 557 works well for my 19X and the above mentioned lights. I don't know if that helps or not but Gcode is a good holster maker and they make them to match the 19X Color. The Safariland is a above average holster as well but it takes forever to get it shipped. Good luck

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You’re welcome. I figured it was more important for me to make sure the barrel is protected from debris instead of the light. I thought about switching to the TLR-7 and cutting the holster some more but I have had the TLR-1 style since it first came out and they have served me well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay here’s an update. I have an affinity for Safariland and ALS holsters. So, I had a chat with Tom over at Holster Ops last week. He said that the 7TS G19 Cutdown Concealed Holster For Light would work with the TLR-7 and 8. Here it is:

https://holsterops.com/collections/...alment-paddle-holster-w-light-cutdown-version

So I ordered it and it got here last Friday. I tried it that afternoon with my 19x and TLR8 and.....no bueno. The laser housing of the 8 snags on the holster and doesn’t allow it to go in. Period. It just won’t work. So, reading the tea leaves I said “F it. I need a light”. So I decided just to begrudgingly buy a TLR1. Coincidentally right before I bought the TLR-1, I saw a TLR-7 for about a dollar more. Thanks Amazon!

Anyways, ordered Friday night and it got here yesterday. Slapped it on and voila! It works! So here are some pictures showing the TLR siblings and the 19X along with the holster. Also, my guess is any TLR-1 compatible holster with ejection port locking system will work with the TLR-7 but not the 8.

So I will be waiting until the fall/early next year for the TLR-8 compatible holsters to be released. Also, Tom gave me a 10 percent off discount code that is valid on anything at anytime:

competition10

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory
Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft
Gun Firearm Trigger Tan Airsoft gun
Airsoft gun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! That was exactly the information I was looking for. Just ordered that holster and used the code LABORER to get a 15% discount.

Okay here’s an update. I have an affinity for Safariland and ALS holsters. So, I had a chat with Tom over at Holster Ops last week. He said that the 7TS G19 Cutdown Concealed Holster For Light would work with the TLR-7 and 8. Here it is:

https://holsterops.com/collections/...alment-paddle-holster-w-light-cutdown-version

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.