close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TLR-1 vs. GLOCK light?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by brian321, Jan 25, 2010.

1. brian321

brian321

Which is Brighter/better? And why? I will be buying one of these soon, thanks for any tips you guys have.

2. Krigloch

Krigloch BACONEER

I have the TLR-3 on my G17 for my home protection. 90 lumens. brighter than my Surefire G2.
    Easy to flick the switch.

3. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

TLR blows the Glock light away. The Glock model has a beam like a "AA" maglight.

4. seamaster

seamaster

Do the new Glock lights use LED instead of a bulb? When I was shopping for mine a while back I didn't see the Glock lights with LED's. I have the smaller TLR-3 but I haven't used it enough to swear by it. The TLR-1 goes for about $100 and has proven reliable so I would recommend it over any other weapon light.

5. -gunut-

-gunut-

Why not look into the Streamlight M3X?

[​IMG]

It is 125 lumen, quick on/off (unlike the TLR), and not as big as the glock light.

It is waterproof, shock resistant, nice toggle/constant ambi lever on the rear, available in different colors, IR filters available, rifle and specific pistol mounts available with pressure switches, and overall a very bring and durable gun light. Works great on both pistols and rifles. I have used one on duty for a few years and it keeps working after lots of abuse.

You should be able to find one in the $100-120 range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. -gunut-

-gunut-

Here is a pic of the optional pressure switch available for different types of pistols

[​IMG]

I just noticed a few days ago that the Secret Service is also using them on their P90s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of mine on my duty pistol. Like I said, it has seen lots of rain, a couple spills, and has been knocked around quite a bit being as it is mounted separately on my duty belt. The stickers on the side have peeled off and it has a few scrapes here and there, but is in great working condition. Never an issue.

[​IMG]

7. rfd339

rfd339

I have a TLR-1 on my g35 and it works great with good controls at the $100 price range. I had a GTL-10 on my g21 and it worked well and I liked the controls but I would rather have the Streamlight for the money. Also the GTL-10 does not come in LED .

8. brian321

brian321

I will look into Thanks for the tip, The only reason i was even considering the glock light is because it was easy on/off, and not screw on/off, I just really dont wanna spend more than around 130 for a light

9. dosei

dosei

My .02...

If it is not LED, don't bother buying it. LED lamp are MUCH more durable, produce less heat, and run longer on a set of batteries. A non-LED light with 90 lumens or more output will only give about 20 minutes of light before dying. And when it goes out, it goes FAST.

10. -gunut-

-gunut-

The M3X with 125 lumens puts out 1 hour of light.

11. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Glock light is a POS. That crap fell apart after one range session.

12. luckyrxc

luckyrxc

Sorry for the hijack. I appreciate the info on the Streamlight. I've not handled that light but will look into it. It appears from the photo that the Streamlight locks in place on the rail just like the Glock light, with the depression of a button/lever. Whereas the TLR-1 screws into place with tension. Correct?

13. -gunut-

-gunut-

Yes, but with the M3X you don't need to depress the lever to put it on. Just slide. You use the lever to remove.

14. coal

coal

Owned the GTL10, M3, TLR1 and TLR2. The GTL10 ran on my Glock 19 and Glock 23. The others would run only on my G19. Sold the G23. Still own the TLR1 and TLR2. Whatever you get, IMO, get LED.