close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Titanium Safety Plunger? or Not

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bgingery, Feb 7, 2010.

1. bgingery

bgingery NAHC LifeMember

I just got my first Glock 19 about 2 weeks ago and I love it first of all. I got some TRU-GLO TFO Sights for it and I'm thinking about ordering this Titanium Safety Plunger. Just wanting to see if anyone else has installed this item and if it is worth it? I would really appreciate any information. Thanks!

2. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

the plunger alone is not worth it.
    if youre making a competition gun and trying to squeeze every last oz out of the trigger, then yes, its worth it.

my carry 26 is stock
    my 17 that i use for USPSA and steel challenge has a modified stock plunger. my buddy rounded the edges for me very slightly so the trigger bar pushes it more smoothly.
    not bad. but nothing a few thousand rounds wouldnt do to it also. took 10 min to make and 1 minute to install though. much faster than thousands of rounds.

3. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

I do have a modified Glock 19 so I'm not bashing mods. But in your case I would save the money for ammo and get used to the trigger and operation of your new Glock before you start to mod it. Here's what mine looked like at first:

[​IMG]

Ended up like this:

[​IMG]

Manny

4. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

I polished my steel one and a tiny drop of grease and its plenty smooth if thats what you're after? I ordered a spare recoil spring and rod, stock type, because i don';t trust the plastic, and that's it for parts for me, until something breaks

5. hardcorp

hardcorp

I put one in my G30..can't say that i can tell any difference...

6. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Spend your money on ammo and training. A stock Glock will do anything you need it to do.

7. bgingery

bgingery NAHC LifeMember

Ok thanks all. Ya I was just wondering if it was worth the $20 or if you could really tell a difference, but I decided against it now. Thanks Again. Do the guide rods and guide springs really control muzzle jump and all of that? If so which one is better the stainless stell or the tungsten?

8. bentbiker

bentbiker

For me, the titanium plunger made a big difference. True, I could have tackled reshaping the original part and all I would have risked would have been the possibility of my efforts resulting in a failure to fire at an inopportune moment. Or, I could have purchased $1000 worth of ammo and let a natural polishing take place, and it still wouldn't have resulted in a first phase trigger pull as smooth as the titanium. We are talking about spending the price of a single box of ammo. Do it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  9. bgingery

bgingery NAHC LifeMember

How easy is it to install do you just drop it in or do you have to take it to a gunsmith?