Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I got my (nearly) daily propaganda from Bud's Guns (Hickock 45's sponsor) and in it I found a Tisas PX-9 for $209. I had not heard much about them, but I knew that it came out of Turkey and several brands have come from there with a good reputation, especially as a good value. This particular model features a 4.1" barrel, steel sights, two mags (1x18 & 1x20), but was not optics ready (unlike most of their other current models). After some research I found out that they are supposed to have a good trigger and take Sig 226 mags (which I have a bunch of). I really don't need another gun in that category, but at that price I was going to take a chance. I'm glad I did. Picked it up yesterday and immediately went to the range with it. I was blown away with the total quality of everything. A really nice hard plastic case with fitted hard foam, a cleaning kit, a detachable magwell and a minimalist inside the pants holster. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was the mags are made by Checkmate, not Mec-Gar as several of the reviewers had stated. But they seem very well made anyway. 50 rounds of 124 ball and 50 of 147 HPs went through it without a hiccup. Excellent accuracy. I've have nicer guns, but not by much. It's at least as nice as any "plastic" gun I own. Sorry, no pictures.

Registered
The other day I got my (nearly) daily propaganda from Bud's Guns (Hickock 45's sponsor) and in it I found a Tisas PX-9 for $209. I had not heard much about them, but I knew that it came out of Turkey and several brands have come from there with a good reputation, especially as a good value. This particular model features a 4.1" barrel, steel sights, two mags (1x18 & 1x20), but was not optics ready (unlike most of their other current models). After some research I found out that they are supposed to have a good trigger and take Sig 226 mags (which I have a bunch of). I really don't need another gun in that category, but at that price I was going to take a chance. I'm glad I did. Picked it up yesterday and immediately went to the range with it. I was blown away with the total quality of everything. A really nice hard plastic case with fitted hard foam, a cleaning kit, a detachable magwell and a minimalist inside the pants holster. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was the mags are made by Checkmate, not Mec-Gar as several of the reviewers had stated. But they seem very well made anyway. 50 rounds of 124 ball and 50 of 147 HPs went through it without a hiccup. Excellent accuracy. I've have nicer guns, but not by much. It's at least as nice as any "plastic" gun I own. Sorry, no pictures.
I've seen them a little online, but I'd love to see yours in hand or whatever since you have a nice initial experience.

Awesome! The Turkish guns are becoming very competitively hard to beat.

Registered
SDS Imports (Tisas鈥 importer) brought a couple of the Gen 2 versions to a head-2-head charity match a month ago and we used them as the stage鈥檚 pick-up guns. I鈥檒l admit, for a $300 pistol, they were quite impressive. The Gen 2s are RMR cut, use P226 mags, have a grip very reminiscent of HK VP-9s, and a decent trigger. The Wife actually won her duel against a local sheriff鈥檚 deputy on that stage and asked to buy that pistol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts