Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I guess the reality here is that I have higher standards for my firearms and have the knowledge and training to bring my firearms to a higher performance standard than your Tisas is probably capable of.
You want to make an issue of cast vs forged? Go ahead. You want to play silly word games by putting words in my mouth? Go ahead. You said my RIA's don't work out of the box, I didn't. I guess you probably aren’t aware of the fact that when you want to set up a 1911 for full wadcutters, they require some tuning. Here's another fact you seem to have not learned: When you decide to shoot ammo that is outside of the average expected performance window of a firearm, specific tuning must be done. The previous RIA that I tuned was for my brother. I set up his Ultra HC for .400 CorBon. Setup and tuning must be done- nobody makes a "paint-by-numbers kit" for this conversion.
If you want to jump to conclusions and start a argument with me, you're barking up the wrong tree.
The other reality is that Armscor/Rock Island pistols are good enough to compete at the highest levels of international competition, and Tisas is a budget firearm.
You would have had far more credibility if you started bragging about a Canik.

🤷‍♂️
So how's about dropping it here so the OP can have the discussion he wants, instead of you trying to start an off-topic argument?
After all, HE asked for opinions, I didn't.
Have you ever worked your “ magic “ on a Tisa? If not how do you come to the conclusions about quality?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,
This may be of interest, thoughts from a Gunsmith.

I have a Girsan Regard and it runs like a top right out of the box.

Those worried about buying a $400 pistol from Turkey, something to remember is...

You now have a phony President in the White House and his Obozo Retread Minions along with a Uni-Party Congress...

Filling both pockets as we speak with BILLIONS of our tax dollars!

Buying from Turkey is the least of our problems!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi,

Those worried about buying a $400 pistol from Turkey, something to remember is...

You now have a phony President in the White House and his Obozo Retread Minions along with a Uni-Party Congress...

I would say not just any gunsmith. Chuck Roger is a Nice endorsement.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Richard Mann did a 9mm vs 45 Acp comparison in the latest Shooting Illustrated and used Tisas Bantams for both calibers.

So… they are starting to get more coverage.

But…. It is a low cost option for shooting / gunsmith training platform. For that purpose it is a nice 1911.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks…. I got the information I needed.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Your pulling searches off the internet with little to no idea what it means.

Colt made some .38 special 1911’s set up run True wadcutter rounds. They were used back when bullseye involved a .38 special. So instead of a revolver they used a special 1911.

Go search again the difference between a 148 gr wadcutter round and a 185 gr semi wadcutter round and try again.

Saying full time wadcutter rounds is pure nonsense.
Hi,

seagiant is right, America is being Torn Apart by all of these Traitors in the Fake Goverment and some here are crying this 1911 is better than that 1911. man grow up. America's about to come apart at it's seams. at 74 i see the Egos of many here are still the i know more than you attitude. when you have a Fake President getting on the MSM and telling America and the world that if you are a gun owner and Trump supporter and want to Make America Great Again then you are a Domestic Terrorist. do you think that the 87,000 new IRS Agent's are for Tax Evader's. every one is about to get a Nasty Reality Check. the Question is will you be Ready for it. as for 1911's get what you like and don't worry about what Other's think about your Choice. every one stay safe.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I not sure Chuck really endorsed it. Go to post 95 on that thread and read that post.
I would refer to this quote.

The Tisas have continued to impress.
No, I would not pay $1000 for one but $300? All day long.

we have to keep in context of the thread. These are inexpensive 1911’s. I would suggest in that regard he likes them.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I now see that in the market space the Tisas and RIA serve , they both can offer decent service and reliability for range use , IDPA , etc. For about double the price I start looking at the Colt Competition or perhaps a Springfield Garrison and begin to consider there may be more upside with that class of 1911 now and in the future ... It all depends on what you are looking for and your budget (you can't have too many 1911's) .

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
... Tisas and RIA serve , they both can offer decent service and reliability for range use , IDPA , etc. For about double the price I start looking at the Colt Competition or perhaps a Springfield Garrison and begin to consider there may be more upside with that class of 1911 now and in the future ...
That's where my thinking keeps going.

While the budget guns are appealing, I'm hesitant to commit.

I've bought budget guns before. A couple Kel-Tecs, a Diamondback, a Taurus. Some worked, some didn't, but all of them are gone because I eventually wanted something nicer in that style of gun. I could buy a sub-$400 Tisas, but odds are, I'd end up wishing I had a different brand. I've been eyeing the SA Operator for a while and now the Colt Competition. Both hover around the $1k price point. When I'm ready to buy (new dishwasher & new car come first), I think I'll likely spend a little more and only buy once this time.

·
Registered
14,972 Posts
That's where my thinking keeps going.

While the budget guns are appealing, I'm hesitant to commit.

I've bought budget guns before. A couple Kel-Tecs, a Diamondback, a Taurus. Some worked, some didn't, but all of them are gone because I eventually wanted something nicer in that style of gun. I could buy a sub-$400 Tisas, but odds are, I'd end up wishing I had a different brand. I've been eyeing the SA Operator for a while and now the Colt Competition. Both hover around the $1k price point. When I'm ready to buy (new dishwasher & new car come first), I think I'll likely spend a little more and only buy once this time.
Check out the Tisas. They are much better than you have decided they are…

·
Registered
24,842 Posts
You should have saved up for a Ruger, Colt, Kimber or maybe a Wilson. You'll have no respect at the range from other shooters.

I wish you well.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts