close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TIRED OF BoA

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by capnjim01, Nov 16, 2012.

1. capnjim01

capnjim01

Went to use my debt card today and it is not approved. After a 12 minute hold the customer service person informed me my card had been canceled since it had been "compromised". They couldn't tell what that meant, but they did send me a new card on 10/31/12 and canceled my old one.

The problem is that one they never told me it was canceled and the new one never arrived. The only solution they could offer me was to go to a local branch and they would issue me a new one. Ok I am a little hot over this but it's 4:15pm on a Friday and I don't have a whole lot of options at this point.

The bank gave me a new card that's good for 30 days and canceled the old one that never showed up. So come December 1st I am finding a new bank. I've given Bank of America to many chances this was the last one.

Nobody besides used my card but is was on a list they watched the activity for 10 days and then canceled it.
    Rant over

PS. My G/F went out today a bought a bottle of Glenlivet and Knob Creek so it was a good ending to the day.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

At least you got a card that day. I had to wait 2 weeks to get a card and all my auto pay stuff lapsed because my checking account and debit card were frozen when someone tried to take $800 out in Thailand.

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

That would aggravate the crap out of me. My Visa card gets locked down once in a while, but never canceled outright. Big difference there.

4. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

It must have been a wide spread data loss, since my card was also "compromised" and replaced on 10/13.

Edit to add: mine was a credit card not a debit card.

5. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

And this, kids, is why you never use debit cards for shopping. Debit cards, unlike credit cards, are linked to "real" money in your account, so banks handle their security more zealously.

Also, this is why you carry several different cards plus some emergency cash.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way trying to excuse what BoA did to you. That was a messed up way to handle it on their part.

6. rgb03

rgb03

BoA is the devil stopped using them years ago when they raised my rates for no reason then made up some bull**** after I caught it.

They were also caught up in the great mortgage scam.:faint:

7. Ragnar

Ragnar

USAA if you're eligible.

8. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

We cut them off back in 2009 after some usury interest rates kicked in with no explanation...

My wife's parents dumped them a short time later - similar circumstances.

I know my Mom is getting *raped* by them - She has dementia and I can't get her to use her own accountant to take over the bills... and she missed some payments a couple times this year...

This last one is the bummer - Mom's at their mercy, and nothing we can do about it.

It would be a dream come true if that bank would just fail already... (LOL)

9. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I got tired of them when they kept charging me $5 to cash a check even though it was drawn on their bank.

I grew more tired of them at my next job as they would not let me open an account with them unless I had direct deposit, which my employer refused to offer.

Haven't been tired of them in about 8 years now :wavey:

10. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Sometimes I think I have an account in Bank of America from a parallel dimension. They never canceled my cards, freezed my account, raised interest rates, demanded to have direct deposit, charged to cash a check or did any other of those horrible things they do the rest of Glockfolk.

11. D-E-F-E-N-S-E!

D-E-F-E-N-S-E! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

That is my experience as well. I have been a customer since 1995 and have had zero problems. As long as I keep a buffer in the checking account to stave off those checking fees, I am golden. I just got my wife an elliptical with my BofA CC rewards!

12. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

:quiet: Don't say that, you'll jinx yourself.

13. Trapped_in_Kali

Trapped_in_Kali

Never had BofA and never will. My dad had them, He used to tell me stories of $$ randomly showing up in his account then disappearing. :dunno:
    This was in the 60s and I decided then to not use them ever.

14. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I've never heard or read anything good about them!!

15. JMS

JMS 02

Having worked in the financial services industry I always look out for organizations to start playing games, I've been with them for 10 years and have no issues, in addition I keep enough with them that even if I use a different banks ATM they'll automatically credit me back any fees :supergrin:

16. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

I fired BoA about a year ago when the announced a $5/month charge for using my debit card. They later "withdrew" that attempt, but I was long gone.

17. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Me too, I now have all my stuff with them, checking, savings, mortgage, credit cards, car loans. They give me better rates then advertised when I apply for something, and have never once charged me a single fee.

Must be a different bank of America.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

I guess I have been lucky wiht them also.

19. Paul53

Paul53 to serve man.

Depending on when your original credit card account was opened, I'd be leery of changing banks right now. Bush changed some laws allowing banks to treat new customers much differently than existing customers. Read the fine print carefully before changing or you might end up much worse off.

20. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Oh yeah I forgot about that one!

I know Mastercard/Visa gets a big chunk of it but they are making $$$ every time you use your card.