close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tire/wheel experts, need help on tire size.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by speedsix, Feb 9, 2010.

1. speedsix

speedsix

My wife has a 2004 Saturn Vue with OEM P215/70SR16 tires. The rims are 5 bolt OE 15x6. Bolt= 5x115 Lug nut 12mmx1.5

My brother has some snow tires that came off his Mustang. Don't know that exact year but approximately a 2000 model give or take a few years. The tire and rims he has are:
    205 x 65 x 15
    It is a 5 bolt rim.

Does anyone know if I can use them? Do you need more info? Are they not compatible?

She needs some better tires for all the snow we have had and these are free. Would like to use them if possible.:wavey:

2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Your dimensions don't make sense it shows her tires being 16 inches and her rims being 15x6..
    If her rims are 15 inches you can put the 15 inch mustang tires on them , the speedo will be off because the mustang tires are shorter ...Don't use the mustang rims on the saturn even if they fit the offset will be wrong..FWD vs RWD

3. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Speedsix, even if the rims fit (and I don't know if they will), the tires would be considerably smaller than what's on there now.

The current tires are 27.9" in diameter, the ones you're looking at putting on are only 25.5" dia.

Here's a handy calculator that will let you see the relative sizes of the tires - use the pulldown menus to enter the tire sizes:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

-Pat

4. Glock2008

Glock2008 Gun User

You can't put 16" tires on 15" wheels, so that won't work. And as far as putting his wheels on your suv that won't work either as your bolt circle is a 115mm. and the mustang is 114.3mm.

5. speedsix

speedsix

Sounds like it won't work. That saves me the hassle of going and picking them up and trying one on. I knew his 15" tires wouldn't fit her 16" rims but I thought the wheels might swap out.