GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Okay, all jokes aside, isn't it best to keep pressures at that recommended on the door sticker in order to get the best performance, safety, and wear?

Also on side wall of tires, because the door sticker could be from 2005. I am sure if you drive a 2005, tires are not clone of factory tires.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
What temperature drop? 88 degrees here
Hehehe.....yea, I read in the newspaper someone was predicting it might hit 40 degrees a couple days this winter, here. I can barely function when it's 50 so hopefully the prediction trues out. Warm nuts beat frozen every time.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's my yearly reminder. As the temperature drops, so does your tire pressure, so keep an eye on it.
I'm always on people about their tire pressure.

You guys will love this: most people I know are Democrats, and Democrats never fill their tires! I'm often dragging people down to the gas station because they are driving on ten pounds of air.

Feel free to banish this into the appropriate thread, but had anyone else noticed this?

They are also mostly fanatic devotees of Consumer Reports, a publication that "flunks" any car that has a substantial maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
pairof44sp,

Much like you, I observe a lot of vehicles with underinflated tires when I am stopped behind them at intersections (or in a parking lot).

I "used" to try to pull up alongside these folks at the next intersection and use hand signals to try to get them to roll down their window so I could share my observation and encourage them to have their tire pressure checked/adjusted.

Countless times they (male & female) were completely unaware . . . and thanked me.

But - nowadays - with road rage being what it is - I no longer feel that it is safe to pull aside another vehicle and motion for them to roll down their window.

·
NRA Benefactor
7,190 Posts
Would somebody remind me in a month or two? It's 4:30 a.m. and 65. The forecast high today is 80. I hope there's some shade on the lake.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Your right, my 2014 Honda CRV (75,000 miles) just had a LOF change last month with tire rotation.
Then my TPMS system went. into overdrive, I would lazily reset it almost twice daily before getting a day off to take it into BELLE TIRE.
At first they told me my right front had a bead leak and corrosion on the aluminum tire rim area, so they fixed it.
TPMS kept going on and off throughout the week, again I got up on my day off and this time they said it was the same issue on the drivers front, and fixed that, so it seems, its been OK so far this week.
I like Belle Tire, but you think they would have checked all four tires the first go round.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
For the newbies . . . and the forgetful oldbies . . . this is a frequent topic on the GT Forum.

In the not too distant past . . . @G30SF/F-250 was the butt of a "very" lively and "epic' thread.

:dancing:
Since I missed that thread , perhaps we should give it another go for part 2

Reactions: Sparky C

·
emeritus
3,059 Posts
Okay, all jokes aside, isn't it best to keep pressures at that recommended on the door sticker in order to get the best performance, safety, and wear?
Yes, but only good for the factory tires or tires that are factory replacements.

·
emeritus
3,059 Posts
Also on side wall of tires, because the door sticker could be from 2005. I am sure if you drive a 2005, tires are not clone of factory tires.
Tire sidewall only shows maximum pressure for that make and model of tire. If close to a factory replacement, you still use the sticker on the door jam. Going off the reservation on tire will require experimentation.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My compressor goes up to 175 psi so thats what I run in my tires all year round. It's like riding on wagon wheels. Sure makes a big noise when they explode occasionally.
This would cause far less potential issues than under inflation. Should cover you for temp fluctuations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 79 Posts