Glock Talk banner

Tiny .22lr pistol?

2352 Views 60 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  mac66
Hola,

Does anyone know of a tiny .22 LR pistol, not a revolver? Something the size and width of a Kel-Tec P32 (or smaller). A walk around the house gun/jogging gun.

Gracias
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Not as small as a Kel-Tec, but about as small as I have any interest in, is the Walther PPK/s in 22 LR. Dead nuts reliable with CCI Mini Mags or Stingers for "serious work" shall we say, and pretty darn good with run of the mill bulk pack ammo for target shooting, or plinking.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Wood

D/A first shot is sort of heavy, but doable. S/A follow up is actually pretty good. 10+1 capacity. Sights are OK for it's intended use.

Not a bad choice IMHO.

· Registered
6,953 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: n2g

· Premium Member
11,626 Posts

· Registered
4,541 Posts
My LCPII has been very reliable from day one. I go it as a prize at a shootong match, I doubt if I would have bought one myself. ( I also have the 380 version)

much as I love 22’s, these days there are tons of 380’s in the size and weight range of the LCPII 22 and beretta 21 series, for defensive use, any centerfire is better than a rimfire and getting more power (32 or 380) in the same size package is the way to go.

· woo woo
31,848 Posts
Man, I havent had much luck with tiny .22s, including the 21a, pt22 and even NAA mini. It was always ignition reliability-though the 21a needed decent high/hyper vel ammo to get solid feeding.
The NAA needs a fresh mainspring, and they tire quickly if you shoot them much, the pistols have small slides, small hammers and springs combined with inherently dirty ammo...not a good combo for reliability. And if it jams, some dont have extractors....sorry, but an air weight j frame in .22lr or mag would work better.🙋‍♂️

1 - 20 of 61 Posts