Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1911 lover
10,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two that i bought for upgrades or build projects so i am allready on the hook for two of them. Anyone use one that could give me an opinion ?? Deciding weather to use them for smith 308 ar's i own... or a build for a precision or super lightweight build.

Any info , experience , or love or hate for any reason would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
42,140 Posts
I have one that I run in a range gun. Super crisp, three pound trigger. I run it in a .22LR gun,......don’t think I would run that one in a .308.

·
1911 lover
10,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a 1911 ed brown with an 18 oz trigger.. in competition and for carry.. had the gun 10 years.. never fired when i did not want it to.. so curious faa why it would be not ideal in a 308 AR. I. respect your opinion. Have read your comments for a long time. Always thought you had a good feeling for gun topics.

·
Premium Member
42,140 Posts
I use a 1911 ed brown with an 18 oz trigger.. in competition and for carry.. had the gun 10 years.. never fired when i did not want it to.. so curious faa why it would be not ideal in a 308 AR. I. respect your opinion. Have read your comments for a long time. Always thought you had a good feeling for gun topics.
Sorry, got tied up in a project last night and didn’t get back to that.

For me, a three pound, with an extremely short reset, led to many uncontrolled double taps. So, yes, the recoil from the .308 Windham was a bit much for that trigger......for me.

It is a wonderful trigger in the dedicated .22LR I have, its been in that rifle for about three years. I feel that about 4.5-5.5 is a minimum weight for an large frame AR. Once again, this is my opinion, many may feel differently.

I love a nice 4.25-4.5# 1911 trigger......but, different animal, different application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts