Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well... i am wanting to upgrade some parts on my Rock Island such as beaver tail(probably a drop in such as the wilson), Hammer, Trigger(don't suggest a Flat trigger quack:rofl:), safety, maybe sear? mainly to learn how to do this stuff for future 1911's any suggestions on what parts to use and witch order to install them in? maybe so other parts that might need changed out?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
All of the parts minus the beavertail are relatively easy to learn how to do as long as you get good documentation. Blindhogg.com/gunsmithing.html is a good place for info.

The beavertail is a little tough and i would recommend against getting a drop in. Even though your RIA BT isnt very nice, chances are you will like the installed new one even less. If you want to do it, buy a WC or EB and buy the jig

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is actually the tactiCOOL one but like i said im looking to learn and upgrade a few parts at the same time. so looks like its a NO-Go on the drop in Bt.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do i need the Fine or medium stones or both? also is replacing the sear i have pointless? does it just need fitted?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
35 Posts
well... i am wanting to upgrade some parts on my Rock Island such as beaver tail(probably a drop in such as the wilson), Hammer, Trigger(don't suggest a Flat trigger quack:rofl:), safety, maybe sear? mainly to learn how to do this stuff for future 1911's any suggestions on what parts to use and witch order to install them in? maybe so other parts that might need changed out?
I installed a 10-8 Short/Curved trigger into my RIA. Highly satisfied.

EGW is heralded as a quality parts manufacturer. I have a custom barrel bushing and an extended magazine release from them, immaculate parts.

I don't believe there are any known parts to consistently fail in a RIA out of the box.

Remember to research when it comes to modifying critical parts such as the trigger, sear, hammer, etc.

Helpful site:
http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=117

1 - 16 of 16 Posts