Time to get out of town in Travel Trailer.

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by PaulMason, Feb 21, 2020.

1. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Doesn't change a thing.
    Isolate yourself in your home.

Trailers have limited storage, limited fuel for the stove/furnace, and are about as effective as tissue paper in stopping bullets.

What are you going to do in a month when you are out of food and fuels?

STAY HOME!

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

I read the OP plan and skipped the rest.

Let me describe Quartsite, Az. You are driving down national freeway in the middle of the desert. Multi-lanes. People from all over the country and all over the world travel that national freeway. You arrive at Quartsite. It is simply area where upwards of thousands and thousands of people come for the winter months. They are called "snowbirds". There is no government. It is not a city. There is no hospital. It is not a resort. The last time I went by years ago, thee wasn't a hotel. Essentially, it is people coming from all over the country and they don't have money.

When I say desert, imagine a place with no woods, no running water. No farms. No department store.

For you guys who went through army basic training. Do you remember being cooped up with people from all over the country who brought colds and flu to basic training? Now you get the picture. People come from all over.

I don't go to desert concerts. However, I have seen videos of them. The place is equivalent to a desert concert venue. With the following exceptions. When shtf, no fire department, no police, no sanitation trucks are going to be going out of their jurisdictions, miles away, to help out.

Good luck!

BGDaddy and ChuteTheMall like this.

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

What percentage of them got their flu shots?

4. bdcochran

bdcochran

For the bugout crowd:
    1. do you have relatives?
    2. Are you aware that if you take care of a sick relative, staying in the same home, washing the patient, cleaning up the mess, you stand a darn good chance of getting sick?
    3. Is your significant other going to say "hey the kids are on their own!"

Here is a dose of reality for you dreamers.
    1. last weekend, the girl friend's son got off the plane. He had lost 12 pounds in one week. If you were asked who do you think took him to the doctor and said "mommy", you are starting to get the picture. Then mommy had to go take care of him every day.
    2. one week later, guess who is suffering from the flu? If you guess "mommy" and "boy Friend", you are correct.
    Get real. Don't abandon your supplies and your environment.

BGDaddy likes this.
  5. PaulMason

PaulMason

It has changed a lot since you rode the Pony Express my friend. You many want to research all of what you wrote.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/...re/@33.6806803,-114.2208039,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

Jump likes this.
  6. PaulMason

PaulMason

What good are preps if you are dead?

Here is the mistake you made. Your girlfriend made your health decision for you. She didn't consult you what to do. That is a very big hole in your preps. You and your girlfriend are not on the same page.

I can see that in an emergency she will start giving away your preps to anyone who asks and making your vulnerable to looters.

I'm not saying you should have helped the son. It is the way the decision was made and how you handled it.

7. ChuteTheMall

I survived Comet Kohetic and Y2K, I plan to survive this election year disaster as well.

I'll wash my hands more often, and eat Hot & Sour Soup if I get the sniffles.

AIDS, Ebola, Zika, influenza, nuclear winter, mutually assured destruction, space invaders, disco music and cooties won't make me panlc.

I'm more concerned with red tide, and West Nile virus and encephalitis when mosquitoes attack. And of course, the flesh-eating bacteria.

And once again, I shall mock the paranoid panicked wimps shivering with fear in their fallout shelters.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. PaulMason

PaulMason

Quartzsite has very good internet connections. I'm thinking I could post my progress in the area as I go along. BUT, I use a smart phone and I don't like typing/speaking into it, so the posting would be short.

I also have Dish TV so I could watch it all unfold.

9. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

I'm more concerned with Bernie being president and more anti gunners being voted in in AZ, FL, and TX

10. ChuteTheMall

11. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

The desert would be a good place to avoid getting sick. Dry heat and sunlight kill viruses.

12. ChuteTheMall

But hantavirus didn't read that:
    [​IMG]

13. ChuteTheMall

[​IMG]

Bubonic plague prefers the desert too.

[​IMG]

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  14. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

I get it, you don't like the desert.

15. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

I think it did actually, from Wiki… " The duration that hantaviruses remain infectious in the environment varies based on factors such as the rodent's diet, temperature, humidity, and whether indoors or outdoors. The viruses have been demonstrated to remain active for two to three days at normal room temperature, while ultraviolet rays in direct sunlight kills them within a few hours. However, rodent droppings or urine of indeterminate age should always be treated as infectious.["

16. ChuteTheMall

I love the desert, one of my favorite places to visit, but I've never lived there.
    Some people feel the same way about the beach. :suntan:Or snow country. :cold:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  17. ChuteTheMall

Yeah, lots of desert critters take long siestas and only venture out at night.

18. Intolerant

Intolerant

Let it kill half the population in the world. To damn many people anyway.
    If half of my neighborhood disappeared, i would be pretty happy about it.

19. Intolerant

Intolerant

20. BGDaddy

BGDaddy Leg Humper

You guys aren't going to stop this dumbarse from bugging out, so why even try? Sounds like he has been waiting for an excuse to bug out for years.

I work at a hospital, so if it ends up here, I'll probably catch it. But I'm otherwise healthy, and would hopefully beat it.

AND - worse case scenario, I have enough food and water to stay put for a month if necessary. After that, I'll eat the cats. And then, maybe the wife. (Just kidding about the wife. Kinda).

glock1097 and bruscifer like this.