close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time to complete match???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ghost361, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Ghost361

Ghost361

I am shooting the GSSF match in Indianapolis this weekend(June 16-18). I have reserved a hotel for both friday and saturday night. I am wondering if myself and two friends will be able to finish the match on Saturday. We will all be shooting 3 catagories. Gaurdian, Competition, and Subcompact. I understand there are no definites but what are the odds. Thanks for the help.

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Chances are perfect for finishing on Saturday...I'll be shooting (5) categories and around 1:30 pm in the afternoon the crowd will have thinned out and by then all R'O's will have eaten lunch and be waiting for late arrivals...last year I finished (4) categories in one hour...way too fast...but was fun. :supergrin:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

if you sign up they'll make sure you shoot. there is no reason to not shoot it all in one day.

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

the only one I can think of is thunderstorms.

5. Ghost361

Ghost361

Thanks to all, you just saved us 100.00 in hotel bills. Look forward to seeing you all there and good luck.

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Shooting with a group of 6 shooters at the Bluegress Regional (Lexington, KY) match last year, we took a couple of hours to shoot the match - we shot in the morning, ate lunch and SOed in the afternoon. Lexington is one of the biggest match (THE biggest in 2004, don't know about 2005). Last year, for example, KY had 155 shooters in Am. Civ. and IN had 126, so if we could do it in 2-3 hours, you should be able to - if you go at a high traffic time it may take a little longer.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Although Lexington is a large match Conyers, GA is normally THE largest match. We shoot 10 to 12 matchs each year. In 2004 there were 216 shooting AmCiv and in 2005 there were 223. Always a great match and you can complete the entire match shooting 3 and 4 categories in 2 to 3 hours quite easily. We always plan on the full day because we enjoy chatting with old friends and meeting news ones.

Having said this I would highly recommend that you consider attending the Lexington match. It is a great match. It is run very professionally, absolutely the most beautiful range and club house you will ever see and a great experience. I always look forward to attending this one.:)

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

wait till you have been to Jersey.

While Lex is the most beautiful and very well run

Jackson is probably the best shooters set up.

9. Don At PC

So I can't use shadows, background or whatever as an excuse?;) I am hoping for my best showing to date. Win, Loose or draw just want to do my best to support my Team Mates and have fun. Will even get to see "OLD Glenn" spelled with 2 "N's" that look the same. See y'al Saturday.

10. Ghost361

Ghost361

We plan on going to lexington and Georgia as well as marietta, Ohio and Topton, PA. Look forward to meeting all of you and once again thanks for all the help.

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

John F as you can see we all enjoy GSSF...and I know personally everyone except Bren...looks like we will have to rectify that, Lexington is a beautiful location for the match. Indy is under conrete baffles and everything is within less than 100 yards of all courses of fire....I would suggest that you just start talking to people and introduce yourselves you will probably meet one of us eventually....The ro's at Indy are great as well and I believe one of our Teammates will be ro'ing as well.. Jim Harlan... he wears a name tag ( IndyGlockers Team 1 and 11)if we can help give me a pm .....next month theres St.Paul and Marietta....great matches as well and if we can assist you in avoiding some of the pitfalls that exist it would make our day .Dennis :supergrin:

12. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

The only possible excuse to use would be high tide at the plate rack.

But with Alberto opting for a sea cruise that should not happen.

13. Don At PC

SZounds great. I am looking forward to the trip. If it is as great as I have been told I may have to put it next years schedule as well except spend a little more time. ;)

14. Ghost361

Ghost361

What do you mean bt pitfalls?

15. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

If you read and understand the way the match is run relative to sign in...your match will go quickly. When you first register...hopefully pre-registered you will need to pickup paperwork that shows what categories you will shoot,sign a liability release form and if you shoot on a Team submit the proper paperwork and fee. You will then need to go to each course of fire and sign in with name, category ,model of pistol and time arrived, there will be three areas. At your last area indicate that you are here and want to be squadded and start shooting...you will then be aquadded and given score sheets to fill out ( as far as the headers go). Other issues are your temperment at arrival and intensity during the match....The 5 to Glock needs slow deliberate/accurate shots...while the plates seems to bring out the race car driver in us...I usually try to start slow in the match and end up on the plates while the intensity grows (actually that might be my problem):supergrin: Pitfalls might be a harsh word...strategy might be a more appropriate word.

16. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

John F sent you a pm...:supergrin:

17. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa