GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder. If you have any military service, you are eligible for Blue label pricing until November 11th. I can only get one (until today I thought it was two).
DD214 .png

I am going to GT today with a DD-214 from when I was in the Army Reserves. Usually you have to be a first responder or active military to get the Blue label pricing. I really don't need another pistol but this is too much of a good deal to pass up.

It's going to be difficult. Do I buy now because demand may increase even more (Trump covid announcement) or wait to see if they get .40/10mm models. I want something that can be used to train my boys but may also be used to carry if I need to. (I just read I can only get one so I'm going to attempt to buy today).

I currently only have a Gen 2 G-23 (.40 S&W) I have owned a 19,26 & 21. Liked them all.

Up until today I thought I could get two like the regular Blue label policy but I just read the ad and it says one. That is going to make the choice very difficult.

I'm leaning towards these guns. I have never used a MOS site but the option may be nice some day.
G43X MOS
G19 MOS
GT ad.png

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the 43X Fixed Sights M $398.09

I compared the 43X vs 19Gen 5. I was surprised how much more compact the 43x was vs 19. I really liked the feel of the 43X. The 19 is really king but the 43X will be fine for plinking and more comfortable to conceal if I need it.

They did not have any in stock so he ordered one for me.

GT's was like a toy store. Picked up 15 round Sig 365 (out of 12), Three pepper spray , box of Speer Gold Got .40S&W 50box 165gr $30.99, and stickers/patches for my boys. I could have spent much more time but they make you stand back from the gun counter until your number is called, no time to browse.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
This is the third year. Memorial Day through Veteran’s Day, but I think the first year might have been shorter. I’ve taken advantage of the program all three years.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Blue label pricing for a standard Glock, such as a 17/22/23, is $398.20. 43x price is $358.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Great buy, cbetts1!

I will say it again, anyone interested in items at GT Distributors in Austin, don’t go by availability on their site. Call for availability even though wait may be long.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Availability, on their site, was correct when I ordered. But they made error after error in paperwork and shipping. Swore I’d not order from their Texas store again.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Just back from a semi-local ‘blue label’ Glock dealer. No I don’t NEED another gun, of any size. Since it’s unprecedented times, why not though?

I was torn, 42 or 43? I do like small & lite, plus the 42 was a tad less $$. I went with the 42.

Of course there are none in stock, it gets here when it gets here. They said it could be a few weeks, or many months. After background check & taxes, $385.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
The shop said the ‘blue label’ price was about 20% off ‘normal retail’. I didn’t need one either.

I got some new ‘extreme penetrator’ , 90 grain 380 bullets to load & try out.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
G45 with standard sights 3 mags 398.20
Took about a week........442.00 with transfer and NICS
From GTD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts