Time for public hangings to return?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jason Glockman, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Glockman

Jason Glockman

We must restore law and order. Criminals are fearless. I vote for town square executions and the return of duels. I believe crime would decline. Manners would absolutely escalate. What say you? Im sick and tired of our LEOS being targeted and gunned down. Maybe the future should be the past.

2. pgg00

pgg00

They should have returned a long time ago

Dcc65, Glockworks, 72Cheyenne and 9 others like this.

3. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad NRA Patriot Life Member

We need to stop pandering to low-class drains on society. I watch the news and am sickened by the reports of some scum who rapes and kills a productive member of society and because he's one of the "poor, oppressed" class, he's freed in 90 days. Bring back firing squads and public hangings. Show these classless scum the true consequences of the crimes.

-=BDD=-

Dcc65, erichernst, Glockworks and 7 others like this.
  4. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Damn right, LONG overdue...
    Towns should budget for six stall gallows, executioners and upkeep...

Dcc65, Glockworks, TRIGGER_1 and 2 others like this.
  5. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

Law and order are just fine. I have even read that the Chicago LEOs are starting to work again. Methinks you let your imagination run wild, and believe this country to be dangerous, with out-of-control criminals running amuck.

Meh.....public executions would probably help. But duels will never happen again, there is no social behavior code based on status and family anymore.

I agree.

Have I missed something in the last few days/weeks?

I'd say you're reading or watching too much about life from hundreds of years ago.

JK-linux and XDRoX like this.
  6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree, but I don't think we have the support to make it happen.

The lawmakers and loud voices are white upper and middle class, mainly suburban types who think that the fines and jail sentences that deter them should work the same on everybody. Meanwhile, an urban minority culture (with plenty of white members, too) has grown up that glorifies being arrested and spending time in jail as status symbols - like a white farm kid gets status in his culture by enduring a few years in the military, an urban "yute" gets it from enduring a few years in jail (and they don't have the money to pay fines). Our system is a deterrent to the people who designed it, not to the people who commit the crime.

Dcc65, 10or45, pi grim and 17 others like this.
  7. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

I think public hangings would be a big crime deterrant, and long overdue. Dueling is just stupid, though. Really, really stupid.

10or45, mj9mm, holyjohnson and 7 others like this.
  8. Mark2Glock

Mark2Glock Redneck Handyman

Hitlary first and then next that slimebag Obama!

Dcc65 likes this.
  9. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Except for Posse Comitatus I always thought it would be interesting to train for urban combat by eliminating the inner city gangs.

Dcc65, 10or45, nursetim and 4 others like this.
  10. JBnTX

JBnTX

Seriously???

I never expected a thread like this from a forum that's full of self proclaimed "libertarians".

I don't think any of you have the stomach to make the changes needed to clean up this country, because those changes go against everything you've been taught since birth.

Can you do what's really necessary to restore this great country to a civilized place to live?

1. Drugs have to be removed from society.
    2. God must be put back into society.
    3. All men are NOT created equal.
    4. America is one country and one culture.
    5. There must be one moral, ethical and cultural standard that ALL people are held to.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.
    That's what is wrong in this country right now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  11. Al Czervik

Al Czervik

Next of kin should be required to clean up afterwards.

TRIGGER_1, rj1939 and silentpoet like this.
  12. M&P15T

If you read about this country, from it's very beginnings, drugs have always been a problem. There has never been a time when drugs weren't, so this country has been great through that scourge.

And yes, all men (and women) are created equal. This is, without a doubt, the most important back-bone of this country. All people have certain, inalienable rights. This does not mean that there aren't responsibilities that come with those rights, and punishments for not meeting those responsibilities.

Remember, we are a nation of Law, not of Man. Very important that.

Everything else you've posited I agree with, 100%. The biggest problem right now is 8 years of "diversity" brainwashing, a word which is negative to it's core. 8 years of focusing on the differences between everyone, breaking our society down into smaller and smaller sub-cultures all screaming for their snowflake personal interests, rather than looking for the ways we are the same, and ways to work together as Americans.

The concept of "sacrifice" for one's country and countrymen, is lost. That's also a big issue.

Dcc65, Rizzo, holyjohnson and 6 others like this.
  13. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I understand the general point and concept of your post.

However, you definitely lost me on the issue of "duels".

How in the heck do duels fit in the same sentence with law and order and public executions?

What am I missing here?

mj9mm and Caver 60 like this.
  14. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Public hangings? Never should have stopped them for serious crimes. Should be compulsory viewing for the schoolkids too, get the lesson about the consequences for violent crime across early.

Grumpy

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Dcc65, TRIGGER_1, MO Fugga and 2 others like this.
  15. JBnTX

JBnTX

I have to disagree about drugs always being a problem in this country.
    There have always been drugs, but they have not always been a problem.

Drugs were not a problem when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's.
    Crime was not a problem either.

What changed in this country? Think hard.
    Think really hard. Do you have the courage to admit what changed in this country?

Drug abuse is the number one problem in this country and until we get that under control nothing will change.

16. M&P15T

It's obvious that you're looking at your own past, and thinking it applies to everyone and everything about this country.

Drugs were most definitely an issue in the 1950's and 60's. There was this social movement called the hippies, and drugs were the core of it. This is well-known.

That you didn't see it, that it didn't affect you as a child, doesn't change that reality.

As far as crime, the violent crime rate in this country is far lower than it was in the 50's and 60's. Again, just because crime didn't affect you back then, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

I'm not saying that drugs and crime aren't issues to be concerned about, but they're no more of a problem now than they have been in the past.

Your perception is your reality. Your reality is not factual, real reality, it's just yours.

17. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

How about raffling off the job of hangman or being member of the firing squad for each criminal? I'm sure some of the scumbags would get a lot of bids from people wanting to exact justice. Hell, I'd bid, then offer the honor to the family of the victim.

New source of revenue without raising taxes!

Dcc65, 10or45, TRIGGER_1 and 2 others like this.
  18. Gmartin

Gmartin

I don't agree with the electric chair. Why waste all that electricity?

Use a bench, and get a dozen or so at the same time.

Jason Glockman likes this.
  19. Jason Glockman

Jason Glockman

Opium and pot and coke were used in the wild west along with peyote.

20. ARP

ARP

Am I the only person here that realizes that you guys are calling for the USA to adopt a part of Sharia law?

When I worked in the ME, one of the first things I was told was do not get caught downtown on a Friday round about noon time prayer. The civil police round up anyone down there and you were forced to stay and watch justice being served. That is when they conduct the public executions and civil penalties. Caught stealing, cut the hand off, cause the death of another unjustly, cut their head off with a sword, get caught drinking alcohol of some type, lashes with a bamboo cane.

I'm all for the death penalty for premeditated murder, I'd settle for all the states to get back to doing what the laws prescribe, we have gotten away from doing that.

10or45, Taco Junkie and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.