close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time for new bow: how to find draw length?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by MaxN, Sep 25, 2003.

1. MaxN

MaxN

I think I am going to retire my PSE Thunder Flite after 14 years of dedicated service.

I was wondering (trying to remember) how to determine draw length. Anyone know for sure? If memory serves, it is a matter of holding a tape in the left hand and drawing it back with the other. At what point do you stop moving back, the typical kisser button spot or what?

TIA

2. gary paugh

gary paugh

sence your already shooting just measure your old arrows
    or go to a pro shop they will be glad to help you plus you need to look at the lastest and greatest bows.
    hoyt,mathews and bowtech seem to be whats hot.

Gary

3. Esox357

Esox357

If you go to a bow shop, they will measure you for the correct draw length. Esox357

4. kimo

kimo

If you use hand release or go to an overdraw bow, your drawlength changes....if you change the weight of draw and adjust cams...draw changes.....got to be done in the shop.;Q

5. BrianDamage

BrianDamage YouTalkin'ToMe?

from "Bowhunter's Encyclopedia" (not qouted)

since you already have a bow, draw the bow and have someone measure from your anchor point to the pressure point of you handle, and then add 1 3/4 inches.

draw length and arrow length are not interchangeable. Arrow lentgh can vary greatly from bow to bow, even though the draw length remains the same. (because of the various styles of risers)