GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided it's chilly enough for chili. I'm running through the checklist. I haven't finalized my meat choices. I haven't dug through the freezer. I can't decide if I should just do a beef only with maybe just a chuck roast or I should add some pork or maybe some sausage. Any recommendations?

Are you ready to get out the big stockpot? Trying anything different this year?

·
Mentally Frozen
24,717 Posts
Wife bought a Lb. of buffalo hamburger to add with a Lb of beef. It's that time again.

·
Gringo Viejo
28,507 Posts
Sept. 29th my wife made Chili. It was very good. tom. :eat:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i love texas roadhouse chili get it evertime

Reactions: 1L26 and DoubleWide

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Ground beef & venison stew meat.

And anytime of year is a good time for chili, or vindaloo.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We always do chili on Halloween. Usually my wife does a white chicken Chili. This year i am making my award winning 3 meat Chili. Except it wilm only have 2 meats probably. Ground beef and some left over brisket i did on the smoker a couple weeks ago. Gonna be guuud.

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts
Lots of ground beef, or elk, or deer, or buffalo/or beefalo, (cross bred domestic cattle and Buffalo) and plenty of beans and Habanero peppers, beef stock.

Hot Cornbread, butter, and cold milk! ;)

Man, wish Mrs CM was home to fix all this! ha. I hate to cook!

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Yep, you read my mind. It's chili time now that the first snow has come.

I like to use lean round roast. And I usually put 3-4lbs beef in a pot of chili (in a 6 quart instant pot pressure cooker). My chili is made with a handful of jalapeños, an onion, 4 or 5 loves of garlic, whole peeled tomatoes (blended in the ninja first), 4 stalks celery, 1 can kidney beans and 1 can chili beans, copious amounts of chili powder and cumin, salt to taste.

I first pressure cook the round roast for around 20 min, cube it up, then put the rest of the ingredients in the instant pot and cook at high pressure for another 30 min.

·
1,969 Posts
Wait........I thought Chili was a town in Western NY...........

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Daddy is going to stock me up on ground venison next time he visits.

Reactions: deputy tom
1 - 20 of 21 Posts