close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time for a new Glock :)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Shinesintx, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

Let me start by filling ya'll in on what I have: 21, 22, 23, 30, 35.

Normally I am decisive and do not need others opinions. Chances are, I am gonna do whatever I want anyway:whistling: but your opinions are appreciated. One thing I wish I would have done is bought the 36 instead of the 30. For some reason it feels like a 1911 in my hands. I am considering the 36 or the 27. I really want to stick with the 40 and 45.

I have a weird feeling Obama is going to do something about guns in general in the not to distant future. This whole Obamacare fiasco has the media attention and like I said, its a weird feeling that I am getting. Maybe I should just buy more ammo? A Glock without ammo is just an expensive rock. Heck the more I think about, the more I think I am just curious as to what yalls thoughts were on these interesting times...and what rationale yall are employing at the moment.

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I would get the G27 and complete the set of 40's. The G36's have been hit or miss for a long time, and the G36 has a lot of parts that don't share with other glock models.

Just my $0.02 :wavey:

3. chemboy

chemboy

+1 on the G27, although I have myself considered a 36 a few times.
    As was mentioned above, the G36 has some parts that aren't interchangeable, and that I don't like.

4. Iorndealer

Iorndealer

I have a 36 and it's great. No issues here and guess what? It is easier to carry and shoot then my Colt Defender.

5. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

Dangit! I kinda want to round out the .40's and get the 27, but I love the 36. It seems that the 27 would be the wise choice...but the 36 is so dang cool.

I think the reason that I want the 27 is for mexican carry. A few weeks ago I went for a walk at the local lake with my mom and 3 year old daughter. We went walking in an area that was remote, saw some large dog tracks...went back to my truck and retrieved my G23. It was fine to mexican carry, but something smaller would have been nice. I considered the Khar, and then realized why would I do that. The G27 seems to fit a need/want that I have. I dunno, seems like a lot of guys CCW the 27. Maybe I will have to have both. Its not like in ten years either of them will be worth less than what I paid for them. Maybe its time to sell the S&W 357 and S&W 38 revolvers?

Come to think of it, why do I want to keep either the 357 or 38? I have zero ammo for both, never shoot them, would never carry them, if its a SHTF situation, I would grab the 21 and 35. Ya know, its time to sell them.

6. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

Thats a good point. As of now, I have a nice collection of G22 and G21 mags. Why would I want to add a third. Thanks, had not thought of that. I am trying to keep it simple.

7. TriggerHappy007

TriggerHappy007

Well, if your worried about BO doing something about gun rights, then I would go with a G17, G19, G26, or a LW 40-9 conversion barrel for the G23 so you will have all 3 of the major calibers in case a SHTF scenario plays out and you are limited to only certain ammunition.

Or get a LW 40-9 conversion barrel and spend the rest of the money on 9mm magazines and ammo.

8. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

G20 and G29

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  9. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 357sig barrel for my G22. You do make a good point in having a 9mm barrel for my G22 or G23. I do not want to purchase 9mm ammo, but having the barrel would be wise.

10. PlanForTheWorst

PlanForTheWorst

Go 27 if it's between those two... IMO

11. voyager4520

voyager4520

I also vote 27. You can't carry larger capacity backup magazines with the 36 and while it would be nice for waistband carry, you can put the 27 in a cargo or jacket pocket and it waistband carries even better.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  12. simmy952

simmy952

Gotta go with some here that say the G27. Nice to carry. Can throw in a 9mm barrel or a .22 kit. Conceals very well and IMO is more versatile than the G36.

Love what mad.gunsmith said about the G20 & G29 but I have those already. Also have the G27. Love to shoot the 10mm but daily carry the G27.

You can use the G22 mags in the G27.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010